Suncé Winery & Vineyard Mixed Bordeaux Library - 12 Pack

Used to have my shippments held for pickup at a local office, they know me as the wine guy now. But I ran into the delivery guy for my route and now he delivers it after 4pm when I’m home so I don’t have to go and pick it up.

Sunce had a different mixed case on 4/19/11 with completely different wines. I didn’t have any quality issues and they were all very good wines. If it were yesterday morning it would be a no brainer for me, but I’ve picked up two cases worth in the last two days already…

It looks like if you bought these directly from the winery you would be looking at $498.00 so this deal is about 65% off.

Can’t find any tasting notes other than on the winery’s website.

You might bum-rush the FedEx guy to get to your next fix? Oh wait…I’d probably do that anyway. Maybe FedEx doesn’t want to get branded as an enabler?

Bought this case a couple of months ago and I’d agree with those comments. For an average cost of $14.00 a bottle here you can do a lot worse. I’d put the Merlot as my least favorite.

Similar price point woots I enjoyed more were the Reggage Red or the Pedroncelli Cabs(also sold here as Monkey II)

This is the same reason a bar tender is not supposed to serve you if you are obviously drunk. You can’t go to the store and buy beer while drunk either; darn laws…

I, too, bought the mixed case of 12/27/2010 and I have to agree with you. You get what you pay for, so let the buyer beware. This case might be ok and then again it might not. I know I would never buy another wine from them again after my original purchase. Sorry Woot, just my opinion.

My FedEx guy came by with two boxes of wine and a third smaller box… he speculated that perhaps it was a free gift due to the quantities of wine I order! No free gift… the Vella cheese had arrived. New driver started last Friday, I’ve already explained delivery later in the day is optimal.

As long as you can sign your name you should be fine. But please… don’t kiss the driver.

I’ll take the opposite view on this mixed case – I loved it and didn’t have any quality issues with the bottles or corks.

As I remember, the style of these wines is much more bold, less fruity, leaning towards Old World rustic, so if you like something like California Pinot Noir (which you can probably tell I don’t) you wouldn’t like these.

You must be new here :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been drinking Sunce wines for nearly 8 years now and have not been disappointed. I have been very fortunate to visit their tasting room (many times) which is how I got hooked on them and having done so I have had the opportunity to taste just about every wine they have made over the past several years. I can’t say that I purchase everything that they have, however I see the current offering as an outstanding value of some truly high quality wines. The Hedin Cab is a true gem as this vineyard no longer exists as is the Meritage.

25-49 wine purchases this past year, so I have bought alot. I have no complaints about my other purchases, just the Sunce. So my referral to let the buyer beware pertains to Sunce.

My husband and I love Sunce wines. If we weren’t about to go on vacation, I would totally jump on this.

Darn it. I did it. I hit the button. I’m out. Computer is shutting down. I have to go find some storage space.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: jplamb
Speed to first woot: 3m 35.917s
Last wooter to woot: jeffhenning

I’ve bought two cases from Sunce and been pleased with the bottles I’ve opened. I haven’t tried them all, but remember I really liked the petite sirah even though they are usually not my favorite grapes. They do need to sit a bit after opening.

If I wasn’t so full right now I’d buy another case without hesitation.

Having had all 4 wines I would say they are on average no more than a $12-$15 retail value/bottle.

With these single vineyard designations it is easy to think they are something special. It still gets back to the skills of the winemaker no matter where the grapes are grown.

LOL. I remember the first offering from Sunce a while back… what an interesting thread that turned into. Numerous shills like the one above, angry, petty sounding wine owner lady seemingly unhappy to be “giving” away their wine, angry no sell out. Those were the good old days.

This is not bad wine at all, however it is not $40 a bottle wine.

I remember this too, but need to add how I thought the woot members were jerks to the wine owner lady whose native language isn’t English and was doing her best to try and sell the wine – it seemed like she missed out on the appropriate tone for her posts and some woot members really laid into her, which I thought wasn’t warranted.

It was fun if you weren’t participating in that thread. I miss it too.

I purchased both cases of the sunce offerings. The December case was ok. This case, however, was worth the money and then some. I’ve had 8 of the bottles so far (2 of each) and seven of them were fantastic. I believe one of them was corked, etc but not a big deal. Happens.

I posted on the previous offering with more notes.