SuperEye S1500 Pro Metal Detector

SuperEye S1500 Pro Metal Detector

you get what you pay for

Good! I think everyone wants to get what they pay for.

It would be better to state the pros and cons of this model and this price in the marketplace.

4 Likes

There are no pros to this model. This is garbage. It’s a poor knock-off of a Garrett Ace 150. And that’s a kids detector. I’ve been a metal detectorist for many years. Is this better than nothing? Yes, barely. Slightly better than the one you can get at Harbor Freight for $50.

3 Likes

What metal detector would you suggest a newbie look into? I’ve always wanted one and have had it in my mind for quite a while that I’d get a Garret Ace 250.

2 Likes

Amazon Garrett Ace 150 is on amazon for $152.95.

https://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Ace-150-Metal-Detector/dp/B0009VSB06/

1 Like

I would also like a recommendation for a model. What’s the best low cost or budget of ~$250? I’ve always wanted to get into it, and think my 10 year old would enjoy it.

2 Likes

I’ve had a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for 20 years and never had a problem with it. In fact I bought it when it only cost $69 back then. My kids grew up with it and still borrow it since I can’t easily get out often myself. That said, in reality most of the components of any detectors under $1k are made in Chi-nya, so if they claim its “Made in the USA” it’s probably only assembled here from Chinese-made parts. Unless you’re detecting every weekend or more, I wouldn’t spend much. Plus 10 year olds get bored really quickly, I know, I’ve been there twice! :wink: Also consider that you might find it boring, especially after the tenth pull-tab in an hour. If you like it after a while then you can always move up to one with more features. Just my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/Bounty-Hunter-Tracker-Metal-Detector/dp/B00005A3L1

Unfortunately the ones sold here have no info about them or their brand (I use that term loosely) online that I could find. The “best” model doesn’t even show what the screen looks like. Plus the Supereye brand has only one video on YouTube with only the same photos as here, but with backgrounds with Shutterstock watermarks. It drew red flags from me, LOL. Personally I wouldn’t bother.

3 Likes

go for the garrett 250
you get what you pay for…means you pay next to nothing that is what you will get…next to nothing.
would you buy a yugo or a Toyota Corolla…yes there is a price difference.

Which model would you recommend for something simple like finding a buried sprinkler head?