SuperNova 4G LTE/3G Hotspot

Hi all! So great to be back on Woot with some top Hotspots that come with our 100% free LTE Internet service. Please see below for the top FAQs. I’ll also be here to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free plan, you’ll be able to get 500MB 4G LTE every month. Just buy the Hotspot and you’ll never have to pay another Internet bill again. Upgrading is always encouraged for those who would like more data with their plan.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop’s, 100% free plan comes with 4G LTE every month. However, for just $3.99/mo you’ll receive 500MB of 4G LTE data with nationwide 3G fallback. We also offer a 2GB plan of 4G LTE with nationwide 3G fallback for only $19.99/mo! There is NO contract, NO commitment, cancel anytime!

Our Fast Speeds – Enjoy LTE wireless internet (10x faster than 3G) with the ability to earn additional free data every month by adding friends! Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers too!

*Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage.

** 3. Are all FreedomPop Hotspots Network compatibility 4G LTE with 3G fallback? **
Note, not all of our Hotspots are compatible with both 4G/3G. Please make sure to confirm below that your Hotspot is compatible with the network you desire:

Netgear Fuse - 4G LTE ONLY
Franklin R850 - 4G LTE ONLY
Photon LTE - 4G LTE ONLY
FreedomPop SuperNova - 4G LTE with 3G fallback

** 4. Are there any special add-on services that I can get? **
One of our top value-added services is Premier Service:

What’s Premier Service?
-Data rollover
-Pay As You Go Boost
-Online Security
-Private Internet
-Data Compression
-Premium Support
-Usage Alerts

** 5. What do I do after receiving my Hotspot? **
After you get your FreedomPop Hotspot, please go to www.freedompop.com/activate. Enter in the MEID of your Hotspot, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated.

More of a question: some specs say 60 Mbps now with 100 Mbps later. Other say up to 100 Mbps. In the real world, is one better than another device? Are there any external ports to add an antenna for better range?
I plan to use as a backup at home and primary on the road when I travel/vacation.

According to Wikipedia, Freedompop partnered with Sprint in 2013

This is the only Hotspot that can handle both 3G and 4G LTE… on the others if no 4G then no go.

An average HD video ranges roughly 3GB per hour in size. So I have to question how much HD video anybody will be watching with this before hitting the data cap and getting throttled.

SuperNova delivers blazing fast speeds of up to 100Mbps on our enhanced 4G LTE network so you can stream HD videos from websites like Netflix without annoying pauses or breaks, to maximize your experience online.

$19.99/mo - 2GB of 4G LTE with nationwide 3G fallback

Hi Freedompop. Do you still have a data roll-over plan? If I wanted to get this for trips and emergencies, how much would it cost me a much to roll the free data over and how much data could I save up?

I need a hotspot, there is only 3g where I live, If I pay the $~4 will I get unlimited 3g? will it be throttled? Is there a cap on the 3g?