Supra Clear Armor Kit Glass Protectant

Exactly what I was going to say. RainX works great if you take the time to apply it as directed, and costs less than half.

The one time I used RainX it lasted almost 8 months. I applied it exactly as stated on the bottle, and never looked back. By the time it wore out, I had lost the bottle and just kept meaning to buy more but never got around to it. I hope your experience is because of improper application, or because you just can’t resist touching your wiper switch, because it would make me sad to learn it’s not as it used to be.

Sounds like RainX on steroids!

If the price was less than rain-x, I’d be in for one at best. This product has the most obvious and obnoxious marketing attached to it.

I understand offering an item at a discount, but this appears ridiculous!

I like to think that WOOT! offers legitimate products but when you offer a product with a list price that doesn’t even seem reasonable. I can’t imagine anyone paying $350 to treat a windshield…that’s more than a new windshield costs!

So anytime I see something that is so deeply discounted, I think infomercial and run away fast.

I can’t even find a single review other than the four 5 star ratings on their website. And those are presumed to be customers who paid retail by ordering through their site?

Come on WOOT!, have some respect for your customers! We deserve it.

p.s. I would love to see this product appear on Shark Tank. Now that would be one hilarious episode! This guy would be shredded.

Does it have HDMI?

Anybody? I can’t find any info on the product page.

So expensive wax then? Or maybe just expensive RainX?

Watched the video. Didn’t see anything a coat of car wax wouldn’t do.

What am I missing?

If my snake doesn’t squeak does it still need oil?

Screw that. I want the 8 bit version so I can pretend I am driving a mario cart.

To be fair, Woot often has Invicta and Swiss Legend watches, which are crap sold as crappè, $50 value chunky quartz glass-fronted watches often with Miyota (japanese) rather than Swiss movements, MSRP’d at $750 but always discounted by $600 or more.

Woot is about price, not quality. Always ask, Is it a deal, is it a steal, is it even real?

What bothers me about this is how WOOT states its NOT a Magic Force Field on the left of the Product Page, But on the right of the product page it states this “Protect from stones, sand, and road debris”
So which is it woot? How can this wipe on product “Protect” against this comment “Protect from stones, sand, and road debris”

Chemically it sounds similar to CarPro which is a sealant. RainX is siloxane goop that creates a thick coating. Aquapel and Clarity Defender (my favorite) are chlorosilanes which create a thin coating.

Anybody have an MSDS?

Step 1 is clearly glass polish… can be had for about 12 bucks for 8 oz.

Step 2 appears to be a rainX knockoff which is about 8 bucks for 16 oz.

Step 3 appears to be glass cleaner. I use invisible glass which is about 8 bucks for 19 oz.

So you can buy this kit which includes 2 oz 1 oz and 2 oz of steps 1 through 3 respectably or spend a bit under 30 bucks on 8+ times the product.

$48? And a “list price” of $350?? This just demonstrates the continuing deterioration of woot! Constantly full of junk, repeating the same items over and over and over and …, and including patently absurd “list prices” that bear no relationship to reality. For the most part, woot! has become nothing but a site to unload junk, with worthwhile deals now only to be found on occasion.

First, I note that this "has a “two step application process” but that there are three steps. I guess one of the steps is superfluous?

Second, I note that there is no indication of how many applications you get from this kit, nor how many cars it will do.

Woot really fell on their sword with this stuff! NO THANKS!

I’m thinking of pytting it on my old TV to get HD…great idea…no?

I’ve been using Rain-X for years across multiple vehicles. Never had a problem with my wipers stuttering.

I use it on my back window as well, but never tried it on the side windows.

I counted at least six steps.

1. Rinse windshield.
  2. Apply cleaner.
  3. Rinse cleaner off.
  4. Apply sealant once.
  5. Apply sealant twice.
  6. Wipe sealant residue off.
  7. Clean any extra sealant with glass cleaner (if necessary).

I didn’t count “apply sealant” and “wipe in” as two steps, either.

I can use this product while enjoying a detox juice cleanse and slimming myself with raspberry keytones and green coffee bean extract.

Woot - the next great peddler of all things snake oil.

If this was in a limited edition box I’d be all over it.

I can’t speak for windshields, but my vision has never been clearer now that I have applied this stuff to my eyeballs.

I can keep my eyes open while running 13MPH in a driving rainstorm and the water, stones, sand, and debris just bounces or rolls off my pupils.

I chose between this and a Groupon Lasik deal, and could not be happier!

Wait, hold on, oh, uh-oh, a rock just penetrated my retina. Gotta go.