SVAT Security

Another bit of good info. Well Im not going to waste the time to post the required info again for someone to make an educated purchase since it will just end up getting deleted. So instead if anyone is interested and wants the skinny on this technology just head over to cctvforum.com The guys that run that site have a wealth of UNBIASED knowledge and are happy to share it with you.

I have two older version of the SVAT cameras. I have used them outside for five years.They face the west and with wide open farm fields, they received quite a bit of bad weather. I have never had any problem with the rain or snow. The night time vision is great for a driveway with a light. The only items that does get on the lens is a spider web or two!

Good point! I’m happy to point out that the cameras included in this sale are equipped with IR cut filters which help produce more accurate colors and better night vision.

Absolutely correct! All outdoor cameras have glass protecting the lens from the elements. Otherwise they wouldn’t last very long.

SVAT camera in action via a news story.

On that note, a good idea for outdoor cameras I’ve read up on, is having the IR come from another location, as cameras with this type of setup tend to draw in a LOT of bugs, which constantly trips the motion activated recording at night… though I’ve had a heck of a time finding night vision cameras that don’t have the LEDs already installed, at least not for a reasonable price

Hey canucker1983,

Any chance the purchase I made 10 days ago now will be shipped anytime soon? The house they are going in has the insulation and ceiling removed right now for replacement, and I need to get these installed before they start installing insulation again. Already held them up from doing this for an extra week now thinking this would be shipped LAST week sometime. Here are the order details:

Order Date: Aug 16, 2013
Order Number: [MOD: Order # removed]
Order Status: Shipping Now

Is there a way I can get this order overnighted? Anyone I can contact? Can you contact ME?

@scapescoper: Friday was the 5th business day. Most likely, they’ve shipped and we’re waiting on the tracking file to upload. And, you know, the weekend.

If you don’t see any thing by Tuesday, email support@woot.com.

Thank you. Nothing arrived today. Hope it shows tomorrow. I can’t put this project off for much longer.

I got mine Monday Aug 26.

Mine finally came. It arrived today around 2:00. Just glad it’s here.

One of my four cameras night vision does not work. The other three turn on automatically but the fourth will not come on at all. The color camera part works but that is all. What do I need to do?

If you’re having difficulty with one of the cameras, please feel free to try the Online Live Chat feature at the SVAT Website.

has anyone got the email update to work? or set up to use that feature or how settings for email and android viewing? ty