Swanson Levels & Scales

As a Drafter I want to know who the psycho is that is using a scale to draw a straight line!!!???!!!

You use a scale to measure, you use a straight edge to draw lines.

It’s the “Swanson SVE480 48-Inch Savage STRAIGHT EDGE, Non-marrying, Anodised and Laser-Etched SCALE”.

Who’s the psycho now!!!???!!!

Would politely ask this: Where are these items made/fabricated/constructed/etc.? TIA for your reply…

These are all from China.

Thank you for reply…

I think you have to visit the Russian dating site for straight-edges if you want a marrying type. Not sure why they’d put out a non-marrying straight edge. Seems such a waste…

Why are these considered “scales”?!? There is NO scale on them other than true inches with 1/16th graduations…! These are nothing more than large straightedges with inch graduations. A true scale would have “X” amount of graduations per inch like 10:1, 20:1, 30:1, etc…

And I agree that IF these were scales (like an engineer or architect scale) made of plastic, they should NEVER be used as a straightedge for drawing lines or cutting against.

I own the 2 ft version of this and use it daily as a math teacher to draw straight lines on a whiteboard. Really good tool for that.

Darn! Wish the larger straight edge wasn’t sold out already!