Swatch Paparazzi Watch

I was looking for the right words to describe how I feel about this woot, and I think I found them. It really does look like some kind of happy meal toy or something.

I have a Sunnto n3 MSN Direct watch and it is an interesting thing to have but I never use it. The watch I had was a gift and its novelty wore off after like a month. Luckly the basic news service is free so your not paying anything more. One last thing, MSN Direct watches are usually rather large. My N3 looks like a diving watch. Only get it if you are ok with large watches.

thats just not the fasion statement I care to make…

seriously, do you have to pay for the service??? Really. I assume you would…but then…

any water resistance?
yes.

Prices of service plans if you decide you want all of the bells and whistles:
http://www.msndirect.com/SmartWatchAbacus2006.aspx

So you have to pay for the MSN service?

I got all excited when I read Paparazzi thinking it was a picture taking spy watch. Then I read on and was deeply dissapointed.

is the service free?

You can check out the service plans at the following link: http://direct.msn.com/

Automatic Service
MSN Direct Smart Watches receive the following channels without a subscription, and activation is not necessary:
Local Weather (High/Low for local cities)
International News
Stock Indices
Monthly Calendar
COST: Free!

AMazonians like this one too…
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-1389196-7164619?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Swatch+Paparazzi+Watch&x=0&y=0

Requires a monthly or yearly service fee

OUT

If I remember correctly the last time this thing was on it came with a subscription to MSN Direct… is that still the case?

Notes: Doesn’t work with Macs; have to subscribe to MSN ($40-70 per year, depending on version), uses Outlook to push info to the watch.

CNET: CNET: Product reviews, advice, how-tos and the latest news

Not worth it - has a subscription fee… pass - that right there makes the ‘cheapness’ of the watch go poof. Free WiFi in any cafe or if you have a web phone is better than this black and white display thing no matter how flashy it is.

Why would I want a watch that I have to pay a subscription fee of $10 a month for? LAME!

As the proud owner of a Fossil Abacus Smart Watch 2006 I can say that smart watches are really nifty to have. You get the weather and news and such on your watch plus you get live football scores, the times of upcoming games for the teams you watch, and post-game reports. You can also message yourself notes for a test and use it to cheat in school, not that I would do that. The only draw back is that the most expensive plan is $60 a year but $5 isn’t too bad considering what you get. They also have a cheaper plan for about $40 I think that has everything in previously mentioned except Outlook Calender syncing and the ability to receive message from MSN messenger.

-deleted-

Thanks for the Cnet video review link…

“The bad: Requires a monthly or yearly service fee; backlighting washes out screen.”

That line alone was all I needed to see.

Why would I buy 1 of these if there is no MSN service in our area???