SwissTek Pro HD Wi-Fi Endoscope-1 or 2pk

Hello,

I am trying to purchase online through The City of Corpus Christi. We are a tax exempt entity can you please instruct me on how to purchase tax free. Thank you

Hi there. Make the purchase and then email support@woot.com with your tax exempt information. They’ll refund the amount.

Will this work with an iphone or ipad with the apple usb to lightning adapter?

in the description its lists:

-With a built-in Wi-Fi signal, this borescope can be quickly connected with your smartphone via Wi-Fi.
-Compatible with all Wi-Fi enabled smart devices.

So I’m assuming you don’t need to connect anything and need to download there app for your phone.

Received my 2 pack today - I guess in a way I’m glad I purchased 2, because one of them doesnt work. The light doesn’t come on, there is no image from the camera. Buyer beware, these don’t look like they were made of quality materials - as evidence that 50% of the one’s I have purchased arrived non working.

Yes it is an app. I am using the IOS app store - however, I ordered a 2 pack, these items arrived today and only one of them works.

Yep, same here. Charges fine. No problem with connecting the phone to the wifi signal. But the camera is dead. No light on it. Rotary switch does nothing. No image through the camera to the phone. Basically DOA. I agree that it doesn’t seem to be a high quality product.

Hopefully Woot! can make it right.

I ordered two of these. Got two of the plug in type instead. Woot said they are out of these and offered me a partial refund of $10 to keep the ones I have. The plug in type only cost $20 for the pair. I lose $15 in that deal. I appealed and got the response below. Their policy is going to force me to return a product I want so I can buy it again at the right price. BRILLIANT!

"I understand that you’d like to keep the item if we can offer you a partial refund of $24.00.

I’d like to inform you that we can issue a maximum of $8.00 and my colleague has already made an exception and offered $10.00 in this case.

We’re sorry that we haven’t been able to address your concerns. We understand that this situation has been frustrating but, unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer any additional help with this matter.

We appreciate your business, however, and hope you give us the chance to serve you in the future.

Best regards,
Viswanath
Woot.com"

I was offered a partial refund of $7.00 to get it “fixed” somewhere, or return for a full refund. They evidently are out of the wireless units so cannot replace my DOA one. Back it goes.

Yeah, it’s hard to remove inventory from a live sale. Take the refund and order another if you want.

I just did that last week with some henleys that came in the wrong size.

This stuff is absolute junk. I can’t believe woot keeps listing this garbage from this shady company

Don’t buy this. I bought 2, one of which came dead - the second stoped working within a week. Absolute junk.

Received my 2 pack today, same issue of sorts, one unit is fine so far but the other has issues with the led light dial making the lights operate erratic.

I received 2 Neither work
Sending back