SwissTek Universal Qi Wireless Chargers

I ordered the stand for my Note 8. It doesn’t work with an Otterbox Defender case unless you sit the phone on it horizontally, and it’s hit or miss, with the charging often starting and stopping repeatedly. The wall brick also doesn’t put out enough current to fast charge. You need to use the one that comes with the phone.

Would not purchase again.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think I’ll pass. I had the stand in my cart, but I’m out. Not into wasting money on something that is hit-or-miss in terms of it working.

Just FYI these are NOT certified by the Wireless Power Consortium.

source

So I’ve always been checking Qi deals against the WPC database- just for my peace of mind at night while sleeping.

I just received the mat.

They don’t appear to be branded by SwissTek (or anyone else) in any way. The instructions appear to be in mangled English.

Adapter shipped loose in mailing envelope, boxes had a rough time in shipping.

It works with its adapter (Lights up, charges) and a 10W Apple adapter, but not in my computer USB port. The phone has to be set on it just right, have an S8, (I do not use a case).

A few pictures of what I received.

Mine also came with the adapter loose in the box. As for the instructions, it looked like they were written in one language, then somebody used Google Translator to translate to a random 2nd language, and then the process was repeated in random languages until English was found.

That said - mine does works with my iPhone X with a cover the Mothership declared would work with QI chargers.

Wireless charging is cool in many ways, but it’s not efficient. You need a 2A power source going into the charger to get 1A out of the other side. If your computer has the typical 500mA USB ports, you’re not going to get enough juice to be much help.

Update: already having issues. Super slow charge. Don’t buy. — Read all the comments AFTER ordering 2 flat chargers. That being said, arrived today and they work fine with my iPhone X. They are light and feel cheap, but for $10 it’s a deal to me. Cord is useless “6 or so, but even then better than many other chargers that come with no cord. Not sure what all the griping is about.

GARBAGE - walk away - FAST

THis crap has instructions that r messed up and lies says there is a blue light and a red indicator light lies lies no such light
Basically piece of crap waste of money

I purchased this and it worked at first then it stopped. I threw away the directions thinking maybe I’m doing something wrong it is it just garbage??
Help please someone!

My two stand chargers DO charge my Galaxy S8+, but I have to set them on the stand sideways AND position them JUST SO for the charging hot spot of the phone connect with the charging hot spot of the charger.

burned out in less than a week. actually melted the plastic on top and bottom where the internal components overheated.

Replaced with:
ZTECH iPhone and Android Wireless Charging Pad with LED Lights
which has worked great since.