Swisstek UV-Clean Phone Sanitizer + Charger

Swisstek UV-Clean Phone Sanitizer + Charger

Uhhhhh no thanks! Even at 75% off that’s still too much! Better get a sanitizing wipe and give that phone a quick wipe down!

2 Likes

Is this recommended by the Golgafrinchian Ark B crew?

3 Likes

Why can’t I find this product via Google search?

Looks like this one but rebranded and cheaper?

1 Like

Buyer beware I’d say. Try finding anything about this company anywhere. Is this the Swisstek that makes tile grout? Why are there no specs listed? There’s a certain level of UV needed to kill germs. Can it kill the Coronavirus? (isn’t that why you’re here?) Unlikely. I’d guess they’re hoping that you’ll feel at ease seeing a little blue light go on, not realizing that it in itself means absolutely nothing. Better to wipe off your phone with something known to be effective, rather than have a false sense of security. Can you say “placebo” kids? From CNN Business regarding one of the top sellers:

“. . . eliminating COVID-19 would likely require a much larger UV-C dose than what commercially available devices like PhoneSoap emit, based on the data scientists have on other coronaviruses such as SARS.”

1 Like

Is it only my device that stops the UVs after one minute or yours too? I’m using the included charger/cable

1 Like

Just received mine. Yours is not the only one that stops after 60 seconds. I have tried mine with the included charger/cable, An Anker charger and the included cable, and an Anker charger and another cable. No joy. The charger functionality also appears to be non-functional.
For anyone who might be wondering the purported specs for the UV is 2W at 253.7nm and is supposed to run for 6 minutes.

Hi there. If it’s not working the way it’s supposed to, contact Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Just got mine too. It doesn’t seem to stay on for more than a minute, not the 6 minutes the directions say it should.

Mine only stays on for one minute with included USB cable. You can’t charge and sanitize at the same time, as it says in the description.

Mine stayed on for 2 minutes, but there was no green light like it said, just the blue one. No idea if it’s even doing anything inside.

Same as others here. Used a 5V/2A charger. Blue light turns on (not the green as indicated in the instructions), stays on for about a minute (not the six minute cycle as purported), and then shuts off. Also, no internal through ports to allow for charging that I can find, so that’s automatically a negative. There are some lights that come on in the interior while the blue light is on, but UV light is invisible to our eyes, so not positive they’re even the lights they claim to be. Will attempt to find a 5V/1A (instead of 2A) charger as it suggests, but really seeing this as a dud product until it can prove otherwise. Disappointed in you, Woot.

1 Like

I must be one of the lucky ones. Mine lasts a whole two minutes. Certainly not worth $53. Will be emailing the awesome people at woot customer service.

same here: no indication of either “Swisstek” or “UV-Clean”, and the thing doesn’t stay on very long. no instructions or manual was included, either. EDIT: actually, I see instructions in the mailer (not in the item box); I thought it was a packing slip.

I’m inclined to think these things are not worth the box they came in.

Woot really dropped the ball on this one, in my opinion.

Just got mine today, and either the instructions are wrong or the device is built wrong. The lights are reversed from what the buttons should do. It also only lasts 1 minute and doesn’t charge the phone.

As everyone else has pointed out. This sucks. Doesn’t last as long as it’s supposed to and it doesn’t charge. The last three items I’ve gotten from woot have sucked.

1 Like

UPDATE

Hi all. Our features weren’t very clear. Sorry about that. We’ve worked with our vendor and here’s some updates:

• The sanitizing process only takes 2 minutes

• The diffuser cycle is 6 minutes

• Each model has either a blue or green light that has the same function, not both. The was just a variation from the factory on this inventory.

• It can sanitize and charge at the same time

• It cannot diffuse and charge at the same time

Hope this helps. We apologize for the confusion.

If you’re still not happy with the product, reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Please post a link. I can’t find any.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to verify if this is actually working? I am really curious how many bacteria and viruses it can kill in 2 mins with the uv ray. Should I just trust that it is working?
Also is there a way to disable or lower the volume of the sound from the speaker?