Swisstek UV-Clean Phone Sanitizer + Charger

What are the internal measurements? What is the maximum size phone or item that will fit inside?

2 Likes

I too would like the interior dimensions, as some largere modern phones (new Galaxys and OnePlus 7T for instance) are much larger dimension wise, and makes me think this “one size fits most” would be a waste on these phones.

Although, the fact that one of the graphics implies that it will disinfect your underwear is comforting.

5 Likes

From Swisstek site, the internal measurement is 6.81 inch by 4.05 inch.

4 Likes

Is it OKay that the same device costs 12-18USD in China? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000815033140.html

8 Likes

Is this thick enough for my StarTac?

7 Likes

Not ok, but “some” with less than ideal morals would just call it supply and demand or availability. I’m just not sure how effective this is in practice anyway. There are many crevices, books and crannies on a phone that it seems would not be bathed in UV light with this design. Are there any tests that show how well this really sanitizes cell phones?

5 Likes

Are there legitimate reviews to show that this specific product/brand of phone sanitizer works?

3 Likes

Swisstek appears to be woot for “This crap does not work” be sure to check out the comments from the earlier Swisstek phone sanitizer woot.

2 Likes

A little Googling can find that the biggest brand of this kind of device, PhoneSoap, has been tested by several independent places and shown to be very effective against bacteria. But good luck finding testing for this specific brand/model. Or more importantly for right now, testing for this type of product against viruses.

A little more reading you can find that UV light can theoretically kill corona virus. But sounds like it takes a very high dose to do it. A lot higher than for bacteria. And there’s no testing to show that this kind of device can do it, let alone this one. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t, but I wouldn’t count on it.

4 Likes

What the heck is the aroma therapy to do with the mobile phone? It doesn’t even have pores to absorb!!! Humid is no good for any electronics anyways, i see a lot of fluff and a $.50 led light chip :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s a specific band of UV light - it’s UVC which is at the 200-280nm range. UVA and UVB is common and is bad for your skin but UVC is REALLY bad for your skin and eyes.

UVC does work and is used in hospitals and other environments. I was staying at a hotel in Korea and they had a little box half the size of a microwave oven that bathed whatever you into it with UVC light.

Again, UVC is VERY VERY BAD for your skin or eyes.

2 Likes

I have PhoneSoap (TWO in fact!), but they are very shallow. This appears to be big enough so that I can throw in my keys without taking them off the ring, put in eyeglasses, etc. – all the things you touch all day long, continuously cross-contaminating after washing your hands. Even my wallet will fit in this thing!

2 Likes

It’s a specific band of UV light - it’s UVC which is at the 200-280nm range. UVA and UVB is common and is bad for your skin but UVC is REALLY bad for your skin and eyes.

Unless you’re planning on climbing into the thing to disinfect yourself along with your phone, you’re probably okay.

2 Likes

Sucker buy of 2020. The moment you touch your phone or set it down = any benefit GONE.

Ridiculous.

Also, did you sanitize the damn case before you put it in and take it out? F no…

1 Like

Mine just delivered and it has voice prompts that are loud enough to wake you neighbor.

10 Likes

The comments from the deal on March 17 for a similar product with the same brand name disappeared. They can be summed up as “Poor Documentation”, “Inaccurate Documentation” and “Does not function as described”. All of that aside, If the UV does not run for at least 15 minutes it isn’t likely to effectively take care of Viruses at a power level less than 10W as the little buggers are actually tougher than Bacteria, (Bacteria are functioning organisms and just a little damage to them does the job, Viruses need to have enough exposure to break down their shell).

1 Like

They’re over here:

It’s loud enough to raise the dead. I wasn’t ready for the noise at plugin and in progress.

4 Likes

Also, the sanitizer will not turn off the UV lights if you intentionally/unintentionally open the case while the sanitization is in progress. Major flaw in my opinion.

2 Likes