Swisstek WEC Wi-Fi 3-Meter Endoscope Cam

Swisstek WEC Wi-Fi 3-Meter Endoscope Cam

@daveinwarshington

Psst, woot. not a fan of this new “comments” formation. It’s wearing out my clicker.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO DISTRUBE ME WHEN I AM USING THE ENDOSCOPE IN MY ROOM!

2 Likes

I don’t know why you tagged me, but I am beginning to like it a lot.

1 Like

1st off, this is not an Endoscope. It is a borescope. Endoscopes are the medically rated ones to go inside bodies. This, being cheap, is obviously not.

I got one of these a few times ago. I cannot in good faith recommend it to anyone. The sale here mentions to download an app from the app store. The directions that came with the device mention another. And neither of them really work. It was hard as heck and required multiple installs before I got one of them to work.

The cable is also nowhere near as rigid as they make it seem. It barely holds a shape at any length and it will droop drastically once extended even 3 ft so don’t expect to be able to use the full length of cable unless you’re forcing it into a pipe.

I just can’t recommend this in any manner. Wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Who need charades at a party when you can give free colonoscopies.

2 Likes

The critical spec here is a focal distance of 3mm-8mm. This means that only objects within about 3/8" of the lens will be clearly visible. I’m in the market for a boroscope to use on bird nesting boxes, but this ain’t it.

Thanks for the review. Saved me $20.

Looks like the one the Dr. used today. I think I saw a woot box in the corner of the room.:fairy::syringe::bikini:

2 Likes

There is no magnet with this unit. This was one reason I purchased it, I often find myself dropping screws or nuts in places that are hard to get to.

Good morning.

The magnet was an accessory. If you’re missing it, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.