Sylvania 2GB MP3 Player

Hopefully, it will work better. I bought three camcorders and the two I have tried stutter badly even with Kingston Type 6 SDHC’s. The are barely usable…but they were quite cheap.

I love these things. I personally own one of these, as well as a 1gb Sandisk player. They’re great because they’re so cheap. They do their job well enough (It plays music, what more can you ask for at $10?). I mostly use them for more “Hazardous” conditions, like with the speakers on my motorcycle. I’d rather lose/damage a $10 player, than my beloved 120gb Zune.

yes i have a usb port as well and it works in my fushion

I use my Sansa Clip 2GB (purchased during a previous Wootoffing) at the gym. In an average hour and a half trip there, it takes me about three or four trips to get to songs I’ve heard previously, and my little Clip’s nowhere near maxed out.

If I didn’t already have a perfectly good Clip, I’d be in for one. Have to pass, for now.

I think I will stick to my IPod, lots more functionality.

Seems like you probably could. But almost anything with a headphone jack can also be used with a tape adapter or an FM transmitter, too.

Not MAC compatible? Can’t even plug into USB and drop files onto it like a flash drive? Anyone know?

Got one. Hope the recording quality is decent. Playing MP3 files is just a bonus.

I used an earlier version of these (smaller capacity) during college and they were awesome. Just dragged and dropped music as well as files for class and never had any problems running between PCs and Macs.

does it work with win7 systems

doesn’t look like it… bet it don’t werk wit a mac either

Nice-looking iPod Shuffle w/Screen.

Sylvania? Yet another once proud American company that is no more. At best, it stamps its name on generic Chinese-made products that it had no hand in designing. As such, the interface is usually horrible and support (i.e. drivers and firmware updates) will be non-existent.

Other examples include Bell & Howell and Polaroid. Actually, Polaroid is making a bold move in a few months. It somehow landed a deal with with megastar Lady GaGa to sell huge sunglasses with a built-in DVR, among other things. These are the same glasses available on eBay for about $20. I predict that it’ll fail miserably. I wonder how much GaGa is charging for her endorsement from the always-on-the-brink-of-bankruptcy company.

Here is a video.

No, you can’t rockbox this player.

maybe YOU can’t

Can one of you owners of said product give some info about the recording feature?

3 reviews on Amazon for a similar 2gb sylvania mps player and two of the three give it only 1 star url=
http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-2GB-SMP2002-Compact-Player/dp/B002B3FJYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295764238&sr=8-1
No reviews for this model.If it is like their video camera woot sold a few weeks ago, good luck,you’re going to need it.

It is working for me.

Yeah, but the gain from that method is only moderate. Through the USB port distortion is about nothing and substantial volumes can easily be obtained.

And yes, one should be able to play music from one of these through a car stereo USB port - the supported formats are all common enough (and USB’s just USB).

Buy.com sells this same player for 19.99 plus 8.00 shipping.

Sylvania SMPK2312 2 GB USB 2.0 MP3 Digital Music Player & Voice Recorder General Features: Color: Black 2 GB flash memory USB 2.0 interface Direct USB plug and play 1.1-inch LCD display with 7-color backlight Support ID3 tag Built-in Microphone Voice recording format: WAV Supports MP3 (8 Kbps - 320 Kbps), WMA (5 Kbps - 384 Kbps) and WAV Long recording time up to 30 hours Built-in Lithium rechargeable battery 3.5 mm earphone jack Built-in EQ EQ Settings: Natural Rock Pop Classic Soft Jazz DBB Play Mode: Normal Folder Repeat One Repeat Folder Repeat All Random Intro Unit Dimensions: 3.25 x 1.1 x 0.4-inches