Synthetic Beauty

ramyb still a terrible design

Well… what is coming out of the pipes? Steam? or Hippies? Steam. Hence Steampunk.

First sucker: Jestik
Speed to first woot: 0m -10.-920s

Well Jestik,
You just might have broken cyber speed on woot.

In for one :stuck_out_tongue:

another uninspired design by an uninspired ‘artist’. i hope you all enjoy your wal-martesque designs, because you can bet the next derby will have more of the same. more from ramyb/seikyoki (same person).

Maybe Steam-hippie, still not punk…

if that’s not what it is, i think i’m confused…which i bet isn’t shocking

I think it’s funny how many people don’t understand what steampunk is, or at least it’d be fun to see what their idea of steampunk is.

So I provide this wonderful link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

In anycase, regardless of this being “steampunk” or not, I still think it’s pretty cool looking and bought one. Because I personally like it, and that’s what matters most to me.

In for one. Love the colors and the design.

That same link was provided when the theme was announced… especially the technology section.

Great, so if it is cool looking then it doesn’t matter if its off topic…

…wow.

Isn’t that what matters most in a shirt, is first and foremost whether or not you personally like it?

Why should whether it did or did not fit the category the best matter? Apparently enough people thought it did fit the topic, since it was second place.

The best solution to this is, a) don’t buy it or b)open up your own t-shirt site so you can dictate what does or doesn’t print.

I always wanted a cool steam powered butterfly. I always felt that the nuclear or coal powered ones were so… so… non steampunkish.

If only the coolness would overcome the design on this shirt…

I’m in for one! This is an awesome shirt ramyb :slight_smile:

So it doesn’t matter what the theme is?
If this is honestly Steampunk, ok goodnight.

The yellow half tones remind me of Dust from Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials.

i dig the gears inside of the butterfly, it looks like they would grind together to move the wings when the butterfly flies.

Wow, this looks amazing. Should have been voted #1.
I don’t even like yellow, but I think I want this shirt.

Agreed.

The shirt still sucks though.

(I love His Dark Materials!)

Only if the theme wasn’t Steampunk…