T-fal Cookware - 4 Styles

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

T-fal Cookware - 4 Styles
Price: $59.99 - 139.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Mar 28 to Tuesday, Mar 29) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](T-fal Cookware - 4 Styles) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=T-fal Cookware - 4 Styles) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](T-fal - Google Shopping Cookware - 4 Styles)

Are those new,refurbished or used?

I have the impression from the names that there’s a difference in materials/construction/quality between the “ultimate stainless steel” and “tri-ply stainless steel” sets.

I know the number of pieces is different, and the price, between these two sets; just wondering if “ultimate” and “tri-ply” are names for different materials, or just nicknames given to the different assortments of what are essentially the same pan.

I note that the description for the “ultimate” set gives info about the steel, and the description for the “tri-ply” doesn’t.

Would also appreciate any comments from people who’ve owned both stainless and non-stick pan sets. Which one would be better. I’ve used nonstick for the last 13 years, and clean up has always been super easy… I guess I’m missing out on the essential “browning” ability, but if I’m not much of a cook, perhaps I’d be better off with easy cleanup and no browning.

I purchased the “Hard Anodized 14-Piece Cookware Set” a while back from woot and have been extremely happy with it, especially for the price. I can’t get my wife to buy in on spending another $140 for the stainless equivalent set now, but I would if I could.

The main difference with stainless vs the non-stick is that you can use high heat with the stainless, hence the browning ability. Using high heat on non-stick can ruin the coating. I use my cast iron pans when needed for those situations.

Just in time! This last week I was wavering between three different brands of pots & pan sets. Also looking at Circulon and Calphalon in the same price range. I was planning on making a final decision sometime today.

This exact 14 piece T-Fal was among the contenders I was considering. When this came up this morning for $100 less than it normally sells for on Amazon it made the choice a no-brainer.

These are new.

Aww fudge. I really wanted that 14 piece set!

Is this a pressure cooker for canning?

From what I have read you would want a much larger one for most canning but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in… maybe this would be good for very small jars???

Anyone have this pressure cooker?

Any reviews?

Many on the mothership seem to say it is really great… how about ya wooters?

thanks in advance.

For cooking rice - dried beans etc at higher temp and under pressure you can cut cooking time significantly. Also you dont have to soak the beans either

I have no clue as to how good this cookware is because I do not own any of it. However, I did purchase (here on WOOT) a T-fal grill (similar to a George Foreman) a month or two ago. It is simply great and puts the Foreman back in the stone age. If these offerings are up to that standard, this is great stuff. Waiting to see the grill come back up to buy one for a gift.

Stainless steel is a relatively crappy conductor of heat, so these three sets use different methods of getting more even heat distribution (this is true not just for these but for cookware from all manufacturers).

The Ultimate set has a discs stuck on the bottom containing aluminum (and copper, in this case). Aluminum is a very good conductor of heat, and copper is a great one. This provides more even heating across the bottom.

The triply set has a layer of aluminum all the way up the sides, with stainless steel on the inside and outside. This provides even heating over more than just the bottom.

Why not just make everything out of aluminum instead of stainless steel? Because aluminum reacts with acidic foods and is softer and more easily scratched. Stainless is a more durable material.

Which brings us to the anodized set. Anodizing aluminum is an electrochemical process that creates a layer of aluminum oxide on the surface that is far less reactive and more durable. The inside of this cookware is coated with a non-stick surface, further preventing reaction with acid.

So that’s the difference between the sets. The first two use different methods to spread the heat but are otherwise very similar.

I, personally, prefer to only use non-stick pans for specific tasks, like eggs, pancakes, and tortillas. For other stuff the slight stick-and-release leaves some good stuff that can be integrated in a pan sauce or gravy. I also don’t have to worry about throwing things in the oven to finish.

Don’t forget about the scary part where aluminum can lead to “Old-Timers” (Alzheimer’s) disease!

That’s unproven. Higher than usual levels of aluminum have been found in the brains Alzheimer victims, but causation hasn’t been demonstrated. Many studies have been done, and research is ongoing, but right now that falls under “some people suspect”. It’s not false, but it’s not true, either.

Triple-ply with stainless steel is required if you want to use with induction ovens. Induction ovens provide fastest heating, there is no flame, cooking vessels stay clean. Induction heating provides precise control of cooking temperature!
Cooking vessels made of non-magnetic materials such as copper or aluminum will not work with induction ovens.