T-fal Electric Cordless Kettle 1 Liter

4.6 out of 5 stars with 1750 reviews at Amazon for $28.45 Prime.
They have a highly rated, 4.3 out of 5 stars with 4501 reviews, Protor Silex for $14.99, but it is not “cordless”

I have that Proctor Silex one. This T-Fal lifts off the corded base, apparently, while the P-S has a removable cord. The most important difference between the two, to my mind, is that (according to reviews) this T-Fal remains cool to the touch. If you grab the Proctor-Silex anywhere but the handle, you’re gonna have a bad time.

We’ve had this T-Fal cordless for 2 months,love it! It’s auto shut off which can be a bit of a pain for hubby who likes his tea HOT - if it shuts off before he gets to it, he just turns it back on again and within a few seconds the water is super hot again. VERY FAST - and cool to the touch - (plus the black plastic doesnt show discoloration over time from water minerals)

I’ve had this since last summer – and I absolutely love it. Replaced a larger, much pricier model, and this one is better. Heats up VERY fast, cool touch, perfect for 1-2 people, small footprint. I use it at least once or twice a day, and it shows no sign of wear at all.