T is for Tablet

Just got my Nexus 7 32GB and it came in a plain cardboard box that says refurbished with 90 day warranty. Sale page clearly says New with full 1 year warranty. Anyone else got theirs?

Those units were advertised as “New”.

If you haven’t already, please write into support@woot.com and let them know what you received.

Thanks, I did send email to support already and I took a full screenshot of the page that shows New. A bit disappointed to say the least, since this was supposed to be a gift. I just placed an order through Staples (mentioned a few posts above) They have a special price ending today, which is basically the same as woot deal after shipping. I guess I can always return one of them.

1Sale has the Hisense for $45 shipped. Woot…sounds like a price adjustment is in order?

http://1sale.com/electronics/computers-tablets/hisense-sero-7-tablet-4gb/

So, what is the good, the bad, and the ugly on the iView 910TPC?

It’s also got a smaller resolution, has only a Dual-Core processor, half the storage size (even though it DOES have an SD slot), a significantly worse graphics processor, a smaller front-facing camera, and a shorter battery life. While I do agree $145 for the Nexus 7 is a little pricey, the Sero is nowhere near the ability.

I just got mine today too and I am FURIOUS to see that it’s refurbished and says 90 day warranty!! Where is the product that was advertised as NEW and a one year Asus warranty?! I too sent an email. This is my first purchase with Woot and this bait and switch deal is NOT cool. I am so not impressed Woot.

I’m so very sorry for this. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I’m checking on this sale from this end.

Me too. Great job, Woot. “New” doesn’t mean refurbished.

Got email back from support. And all they said is that they will be issuing a return label and a refund 7-10 days after they get it back. Nothing about sending me New one. I replied asking again when I should expect product that I actually ordered.

I wonder how much they make holding onto our money while we are doing the return game.

I’ve bought so much stuff on woot since my first purchase back in October 2005 when it was one deal-a-day site. Since then it seems that expansion into multiple offerings/sites really messed up quality of service and customer satisfaction.

Hey all. Just want to let you know that we are aware of the problem with the Google Nexus tablets. We are researching the cause and then we can start to work on a resolution. This usually takes a few days so we ask that you bear with us.

Please accept our apologies for this booboo.

I KNEW they would come back with the refund bs.
There’s this little thing called FALSE ADVERTISING that they’ve committed here.

“Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities” (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)).

#BURNEDBYWOOT

Just heard back from Support; not pleased with the answer.

*“Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
I’m sorry about that. I can issue a return label to return the tablet if you would like, for a full refund. There are no replacements available.” *

REAL classy woot.

I replied back: “When can I expect to receive the NEW product that was advertised with a one year warranty??”

#ANGRY

Not feeling the #MarchGladness at all.

Hey all again…

We’re bringing CS up to speed now so hold tight for a bit longer if you can. We are trying to work on a resolution.

Got another reply on my inquiry about expected delivery of the actual product that was advertised and ordered. Here it is:

I understand that they might have messed up with product description etc. Things happen. I would like to see some sort of credit/discount code for the future use at least, if woot wants to keep their customers happy after such clusterf*ck of a deal.

I’m right there with you.

I either want the product I was promised, or one GIANT credit or discount for future use.

Either way, I am extremely pissed. Plan to spread the word about woot to others. The word will be “STAY AWAY!”

Once again. Just hang on. You don’t need to contact CS any more. We don’t have the resolution firmed up yet so they won’t have any more information at this time. As soon as everything is hashed out, you will be emailed.

Again, apologies for the problems. It’s definitely not how we wanted this sale to go.

What kind of time frame are we looking at here?

I got a refurb’d Nexus as well, and I was shocked. This was clearly advertised as “NEW”

And frankly, waiting 7-10 days for a return shipping label is BS. I don’t want a refund, I want what I bought.

As noted above, instructions/assistance will be emailed shortly.
Woot Member Services and Woot Staff are continuing to investigate the issue and will have a resolve soon.

Again, we greatly appreciate your patience during this matter and apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.