[Tab]let us tell you about these tablets!

• “With a beautiful screen, fast performance, a comfortable design, and overall great media options, the Nexus 7 is easily the best 7-inch tablet available and one of the top tablets on the market.”

CNET’s Nexus 7 review

The only thing I’d look to the Tab 2 for is the microSD slot. If you can deal with limited storage in the Nexus (I can) then it’s definitely worth the extra $.

I need a tablet for work. Just browsing the web and maybe watching the occasional movie that I pre-upload to the device. Would the Archos handle that WELL or am I better spending the money to by the Samsung?

would the pen work with a toshiba thrive tablet, or just an ithing???

Not without a microSD slot… you can’t expand the storage.

With the price difference so small, I’d recommend the Nexus 7.

Here’s a review that compares the two, with the N7 coming out on top:

GT2 7.0 vs. N7

If the specs were equal, I’d say new-vs.-refurbed alone justifies the $25 difference (free shipping from Google).

Besides the microSD slot, the review says the GT2’s display is “brighter, with purer whites and better contrast.” Otherwise, the N7 has the better numbers, and this should make it somewhat more future-proof than the GT2.

Also, the N7 has Jelly Bean, a newer version of Android than GT2’s Ice Cream Sandwich (though the difference is said to be small-ish). And in the phone world, Nexus devices get updates earlier and probably get them through more versions than competitors. I think the same should be true with the tablet.

I have the Nexus 7 … I’m keeping it. :slight_smile:

I have the Samsung 10.1" & would recommend the 7" version. The Nexus 7 which I also own is a beautiful machine BUT it is prone to a cracked screen which ASUS & Google are not fixing under warranty. Use a credit card with extended warranty or get a separate warranty if you buy the Nexus 7

I would have liked to try it with my Galaxy 10.1 tab, but according to their web site they only have software for iCrap.

I really have a question.Is there a tablet made yet that would have a stylus, USB for storage, Wi-fi out there yet? I’m looking for my FIL who has Alzheimer’s something he might could enjoy doing games on, etc. Thanks for you time.

The recently released Samsung One Note Galaxy 10.1 tablet has a stylus and a memory card slot to add storage. Probably not USB. I haven’t tried one yet, but i like my first generation galaxy tab. The one Note has a faster processor I think.

Dont get the archos. we sell them at work and they always come back. it’s the only tablet we sell and it’s so bad that when customers ask if we have tablets we just say no.

I recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 … it is a perfect balance of performance and features. It doesn’t use the most powerful processor, but unless you plan on playing a lot of HD games, it doesn’t really matter.

The screen is very nice, the microSD card is key, because it gives you offline memory expansion. If you plan on watching video or listening to music and you will not be near WiFi, having the card slot is important.

The Nexus 7 uses the Tegra 3 processor, many of the other current tablets use the OMAP 4 family of processors. Use this link to compare OMAP 4 Tablet Processors and scroll down to the OMAP 4 section to get a nice rundown on the processors and what tablets they are currently in.

I find Nexus 7 to be the best performer, but it is limited with regards to offline expansion. The Nexus currently does come with Jelly Bean, but I believe the Samsung GT2 7.0 is scheduled to get upgraded from ICS to Jelly Bean before year’s end, and it will make it a better performer.

Also, best price retail I’ve found for the Samsung GT2 7.0 is $228, so this refurb deal is pretty sweet. If I didn’t already have one, I’d be diving in today.

I would never discount how important having an expansion card slot is to a tablet. Granted, you can get a USB OTG cable and either root the Nexus 7 OR pay for an app that will allow you to transfer files to and from the Nexus 7, but in the end you are limited with either 8GB or 16GB of storage onboard, and in an offline situation, that doesn’t pass muster.

The only thing keeping the Nexus 7 from being the ONLY choice in a 7" low cost tablet option, IMHO, is that they chose to forgo including a microSD expansion card slot.

The only smart purchase with the Nexus 7 is the 16GB version, which puts your initial investment at $249. This Samsung GT2 7.0 is $79 dollars less. I’d buy the Samsung and spend the difference on microSD cards. You could probably buy 4 32GB cards with the savings and have a swappable library of media at your fingertips wherever you go, no matter what connectivity you have.

Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 i think is what your are looking for

And why do they come back? They don’t run Windows? They don’t have iTunes? People are just ignorant when it comes to using new stuff? Their spouse complained? Do you have a very liberal return policy with no restocking fee and people just want to try one out?

You can have the hdmi output on the Samsung Tab 2 7.0 just for 20 dlls total on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-HDMI-Multi-Media-Desktop/dp/B004DB7ZZK/ref=sr_1_6?srs=2530342011&ie=UTF8&qid=1349087783&sr=8-6&keywords=samsung+tab+2+7.0+accessories

Sorry, please read the reviews, is not compatible with this samsung tab 2 wifi only model

SONY has sure as HELL been in my electronic life a lot this year.
The Grandfather (who’s been a SONY fan like…FOREVER!!!) purchased a BRAVIA LCD earlier this year.
Then I bought him the STR-DH100 Receiver to replace the YAMAHA that I gave him in the 80s (it finally conked out).
After much reading, I ended up buying the HT-CT150 Soundbar which I absolutely LOVE! for my 40" SANSUI LCD.

A few months ago, I got the SONY 32GB S tablet on the last WOOT go round after a friend on the West Coast called me about it. It’s my first Tablet and It’s a GREAT purchase. I bought it to “replace” my ASUS Netbook (that baby refuses to die) because it’s lighter to carry. I loved the fact that I can install apps that read all the e-book formats, comic books, HD movies, music,etc.

Hell. I would have bought another one if I didn’t have so much to do (money-wise) in October.

I have to say that I kind of gave up on SONY products in the 90s. I felt they sacrificed too much of their audio/video product quality for Gaming. But I’ve been extremely impressed with all the SONY purchases I’ve made this year.

People should JUMP on this tablet the next time it WOOTed.

They come back because it is an Archos and Archos is pure junk. I bought an Elocity A7-004 (A7+) a couple weeks ago- 7" tablet Tegra 2,1024 x 600, $80 shipped (it even came with a decent case). I was expecting a pure piece of junk. I was extremely surprised. Well built fast and stable- stuck on Android 2.2, but I could not complain because there is not much that this tablet can’t do (even using Froyo). Archos on the other hand is pure garbage. It feels cheap, it’s unstable, the specs seem good- but the outcome is not. Since the days of their MP4 players Archos has always put out unstable, cheap, junk with promising specs that don’t fulfill. Look at all the negative reviews throughout the web on Archos- it’s not because people don’t know how to use the device, it’s because their stuff stinks.

Just got mine and I was a little disappointed to find that it won’t charge via the usb cable.

I was then horrified to find that the included charger is the type that can take different clip-on adaptors for different countries AND NONE OF THEM ARE IN THE BOX.

Anyone else missing these?