Tablets & Accessories

So, is the transformer worth it? My wife wants to be able to Skype, take pictures, and then post those pictures on Facebook.

Most of the reviews I’ve read were from a year ago. Has the android OS gotten better, along with apps?

Web browsing too. Fwiw, I’ve had a 3G iPod touch, and just recently upgraded to a 5g touch, so that is my experience with mobile devices/tablets.

Thanks

I got my wife the red version of the Transformer, refurbed, a little while back and she loves it. We both have Android smart-phones so it was an easy transition for her, since she’s not that tech-savvy.

I’m thinking about getting one of the Transformers offered but was a bit hesitant with all the negative comments about receiving one, although I have never had an issue getting anything from Woot!

I never have either…I mean, sometimes things do take a while (I’ve waited up to two weeks for something), but they do get it out as soon as they are able I believe. Certain items they have to wait on a 3rd party I believe for some reason or another. Maybe someone from Woot could clarify?

Anyway…I appreciate the fact that they have always worked with me if I’ve needed to return something. Have always been a satisfied wooter…though woot-offs aren’t like they used to be…

So, I’ve also noticed that the colors available on Asus’ website are blue, red, and white. The ones on here are Champagne and Black. The ones on Asus’ website come with Android 4.2 on them, these come with 4.0.

These should be the same exact pad except for what version of Android is loaded correct (and the different colors of course).

Just not sure why Asus doesn’t have up a black and champagne version on their website.

Sorry, I don’t normally comment this much, but I keep on having questions.

WootStaff, the RAM is listed as 1 GB, but doesn’t say how fast it is. Is it DDR3?

A search of the Asus model number shows that the memory SHOULD be DDR3.

Hope this helps you out :smiley:

Awesome, thanks

I haven’t gotten anything about Woot honoring the 1 year warranty claim yet, I received shipping info earlier today.

If you haven’t received an email and are concerned about the warranty issue please feel free to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com they should be able to provide you with an update.

I ordered the tablet may 29, I got confirmation (though my card got denied 5 times- there was no problem, something on woot, cc company called me about someone trying to order several times)

anyway the tablet is in transit and will be delivered 6/6

Ditto! Awesome!

I ordered the black Asus Transformer on 5/31 and hopefully I’ll get tracking info soon. I also snagged a bag and sleeve as well.

So I ordered my nexus Wednesday and according to my purchase details, I bought it Sat the 29th when this deal wasn’t even available. Could anyone give any insight as to why that is and why others have gotten their shipping info while I have not?

i’m a little confused… Saturday was the 1st, and Wednesday was the 29th. perhaps i’m misunderstanding your question?

keep in mind your order can take up to 5 business days after the sale has ended to process and ship. usually it’s less than that.

feel free to email Support@Woot.com if you’re concerned about the status of your order.

Yeah that was my bad, sorry. I was looking at my June calendar so I was confused as well. I did think that it was shipping from a vendor and not woot though so perhaps that is the cause of my delayed shipping.

Mine still hasn’t shipped and it’s been 5 days… So you aren’t alone.

So I received my shipment today and much to my surprise, no tablet in the box, only the bag and sleeve I also ordered. I only had one tracking number and the packing slip makes no mention of the Asus tablet I ordered. Contacted customer support, I’ll update once I know more. So disappointed right now. :frowning:

Ditto here… looks like a lot of us aren’t receiving our tablets anytime soon.

Usually shipping takes up to 5 business days from the date of purchase (in most cases much sooner than that)

I would recommend that if you haven’t received any shipping status updates by Friday to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

Sorry to hear that you received your order missing your purchase.

If you don’t hear back from WMS, please let us know and we’ll forward your post along to help you resolve the issue.