On the Surface Pro 2, for those thinking about it, I have one for two years. Here are the limitations:
- It’s a computer. It’s heavy by tablet standards.
- Aspect ratio (16:9) greate for movies/tv, but makes it hard to use portrait mode unless you are used to using legal pads. Even on desktop apps, like Outlook/Word, don’t scale well to the small screen/16:9 ratio combination.
- The type covers costs extra at $130, and they are not good–short travel keys, imprecise trackpad (have to take hand off to use finger or pen). Adequate for short emails, not for graduate thesis.
- To use Microsoft words: this machine is not “lappable”–ok to use as landscape tablet, impossible to as a laptop.
- At $700+ (plus $ for a keyboard), you can probably find better deal with last gen i5 machines.
I wrote the majority of my Ph.D. dissertation using a SP2 + Power Cover.
Nexus 7 32gb is the same model that is on Amazon and is $10 cheaper with prime shipping.
The LG 7.0 tablet is fantastic! it has a micro SD slot so dont let the 16GB drive scare you!
LG G-PAD, they said it is unlocked…no I used T-Mobile sim-card it does not work, also LCD panel is defect. I am returning it.