Tablets & E-Readers BLOWOUT!!!

Wow the Transformer Pad Infinity is seriously overpriced at this point. $479.99 for a 2-1/2 year old tablet with a processor that is 3 generations old. I loved my Transformer Prime when it was new, but it is incredibly slow now and is likely not to be updated past Jelly Bean. The memory is great, but I’d highly recommend looking for more recent alternatives for this kind of money. Yikes!

The Nexus 1st Generation is a brick since they updated to Lollipop. Wish I knew how to revert mine back to Kit Kat.

Really? I was going to use one just to read books and magazines. Would the older operating system prevent this too?

I had this problem with my 2012 Nexus, too. If you power down and boot to the recovery screen, (Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the tablet turns on) go to recovery mode and try clearing the cache, then booting. If you still have problems, try a factory reset.

I know it’s a nuclear option, but for me, a factory reset resolved the lag and terrible freezing I was getting on my Nexus. The Nexus isn’t the snappiest now (my 2014 Galaxy Note 10 is much faster), but it’s totally usable for me. Hope this helps!

The image for this has a blatant Windows tablet, but there is no Windows tablet? Or am I missing it?

i installed the latest update to lollipop, 5.1, yesterday and it’s performance has drastically improved. lots of quirky stuff have been taken care of now. i have had one of these since 2013 and still use it for a lot of things on a regular basis, music, videos, emails, browsing, and ebooks and comics. for the money it is a great buy.

Woot is hitting the pipe on this one