Tablets

I want to hear some thoughts on that Acer Iconia tablet. Windows 8 with an i3 processor for $300? Sounds like a deal…

Well its ivy bridge based so battery life won’t be great for a tablet I’d expect something in the 4 to 5 hour range other then that it looks pretty good. Just keep in mind that it’s a very large tablet.

I just bought this same tablet on a woot off on sellout.woot a week ago! It was the same exact price and the item sold out. I thought woot offs were supposed to be exclusive deals with better discounts than a normal?! According to your own description of sellout.woot “This is where Woot sends its last-chance deals.” 7 days later and the tablet has still not shipped! Acer Iconia 11.6" Core i3 64GB SSD Tablet

First off, sellout.woot and Woot-offs are different; the former is a site, the latter, a (monthly) event. Neither are for exclusive deals or better discounts… they are really more designed for overstock, when the quantities available are too small to justify an all-day listing on one of the primary quantities. Sometimes the price is lower than it was for previous deals,but it’s not a given nor a guarantee!

I bought one at the same time mine hasn’t shipped yet either. I asked for an update yesterday and haven’t heard back. I was really excited about getting this. Now i’m just feeling like I shouldn’t have forked over 300 dollars when I can’t even get an email with a status update.

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-8 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don’t see any tracking updates/activity by August 25th, to please rewrite back into support@woot.com and let them know.

I purchased one and when I got it the thing wont turn on!

Sorry for the late reply.

Which particular item did you purchase? Some tablets have different procedures to help charge the battery.

We recommend plugging the power adapter in overnight and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Also, depending on the tablet you bought, there may be a warranty coverage on the item.

I understand that woot offs and sell.out woot are not the same. I purchased this during a woot off on sellout.woot. The item sold out. Exactly one week later the same item is listed here. This tells me that the entire idea of sellout woot and a woot.off are a lie if the same product is again in such a short period of time. Woot is simply using a scarcity marketing tactic of saying there is a very limited supply when in fact there is not. I find it unethical and I prefer how this site was run before it was sold to Amazon.

Standard shipping of 3-8 business days typically means the expected time in transit, not when the item actually ships. If it really takes woot 8 days to ship a product than this is a poorly run business that is offering too many items and not investing enough in a shipping department that can keep pace with sales.

Heard back from CS. Something went wrong with the order and it didn’t ship out like it should have. They’ve resubmitted the order so hopefully it will ship out pretty quick now.

I just bought this Iconia Tables W3-810 and tried to register it, that didn’t work. Then I tried to install windows update, that didn’t work. Followed Microsoft’s directions, now it will not update the defender, and will not get to where I can use it. I thought it was a great tablet, but I am rethinking it. Lastly, it didn’t even come or would let me create a reboot disk.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WOOT!! tHEY SELL YOU JUNK AND WON’T EVEN EMAIL YOU BACK SO THAT YOU CAN SEND THE GARBAGE BACK. NOW I KNOW WHY THEY DON’T SELL THE I CRAIG TABLETS ON HERE ANYMORE