Tablets!!!!

It does not come with one.

I am considering the purchase of the Nexus 7 from WOOT, but I am unclear if this tablet will work on the VZW network. In the description, it says " works on most data networks"… Is this tablet CDMA or GSM? Can anyone elaborate this for me???
I currently have a Motorola XOOM 10.1 (MZ602) refurb, that I bought from another website, as a replacement for my Samsung GT2/7.0, that was stolen. The XOOM works great on VZW 4G LTE, but it is RIDICULOUSLY HEAVY!!! I just weighed it on my food scale and this brick weighs 2 lbs 1.3 oz!!! Not conducive to be an e-reader for me…

The original Nexus 7 was GSM/HSPA+. The 2013 version is LTE capable, but Verizon has been unwilling to activate the devices on their network as of a month ago.

Specs:

Activation:

I am so bummed. I ordered the Kindle Fire yesterday b/c my daughter’s Fire won’t hold a charge (it’s less than 2 years old) and someone at work just told me that she called Amazon about hers and they simply sent her a new one, no questions asked, since they are painfully aware of the defect. DOES ANYONE AT WOOT (AKA AMAZON) KNOW IF THE PROBLEM WITH THE CHARGING HAS BEEN FIXED IN THESE “REFURBISHED” ONES WOOT IS SELLING?

Just went to Amazon.com and they are offering this same Kindle Fire 1st generation refurbished for $89. Because of the charging issues and the great customer service I get from Amazon, I ordered from them instead. There was a long explanation about what exactly “refurbishing” includes, but I wasn’t able to tell if they specifically fixed the issues with charging.

Can the android ICS be upgraded to a newer version on the transformer tablets without causing too many problems ?

Probably smart; I didn’t think of that. If this one has the charging issues (which don’t show up for a year or so in a NEW one) I will make a LOT of noise somewhere, maybe Amazon since they are related…

Ditto.

Anyone here having problems with their Polaroid PTAB7XC 7" Android Tablet with Wi-Fi they bought from woot?

Mine is - so far - nothing but a brick paperweight. Wont power up.

Any ideas are welcome.

Sorry for the problems. If you don’t’ figure it out, it has a 90-day woot warranty.

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

PS: Be sure to use or include the woot username and email from which you placed the order as it appears to be from a different account.

done

I used the support link on the website and I did it under my purchase account.

thank you

Word of caution to anyone who ordered up a Nexus7: When you get it, the battery will probably be completely dead. Don’t freak out if it doesn’t show any signs of life when you first plug it in.

It takes a good 10-15 minutes of charging from a completely drained state before you see anything show up on the screen. This is normal.

Just let it sit for a while, and when you come back in about 15 minutes, tap the power button. The screen should wake up and show you the charging indicator. At this point you can either power it on, or just let it keep charging until it shows a full battery.

I’ll add to that to give it a full 24 hours for the first charge.

Batteries are often shipped completely drained for safety reasons.

Any ideas on when these will start shipping? I ordered one over a week ago and it hasn’t shipped yet.

I don’t remember it taking this long with other things I’ve bought.