Taft Street Winery Mixed White - 4 Pack

And that’s why the chart doesn’t rely solely on RS.

To my mind the majoar “weakness” in the chart is that it doesn’t account for fruit flavors. To a casual imbiber, fruit flavors in a wine are often confused with sweetness. On several occasions I’ve had people comment very favorably about the “sweetness” of a dry but fruity white wine. In fact, the reason why they like the so much is because it isn’t sweet; the profile of a dry fruity is often very pleasant to someone who is starting to tire of true sweetness in a wine.

Is this really expected to arrive by Christmas? With the few wine woots that I’ve done before, the wine seems to take a while. Will this come UPS or Fedex? I’d like to order but I am afraid I won’t be around when it actually arrives.

I’ve seen that on some of our local Finger Lake wines…and I agree, it is very helpful. Guess I’ll stick to NY wines…we are paying the same outrageous state taxes!

I’m not sure if this still works but you used to be able to enter “TAXSUCKS” (sans quotes) at checkout to get $5 off to compensate for the tax.

As for the wines being offered, I am interested… I miss the LabRats!

Found one CT review for the previous vintage of Gewurz (2007) and one CT review for the previous vintage of Riesling (2008).

I was just noticing they hadn’t been around, was the labrat feature officially ousted?

Scott Harvey had previously mentioned a dryness scale for Rieslings that he uses.
Check it out here.

Hi, Jake here from Taft Street. While the grapes are the same, the growing climates differ, in that Germany and NY are a bit cooler/wetter while California has warmer temps resulting in slightly higher sugar levels. Our winemaker, Evelyn White stayed true to the style, both wines exemplify the varietal well.

We often taste the two regions together. Mike Martini’s brother owns Anthony Road in upstate NY and is well known for riesling, recently winning the Governors Cup for his most recent vintage.

Thanks for having us on wine woot! We’re excited to share our wines.

Jake

The sweetest grape I ever tasted was from the garden at Anthony Road on Oct 4th this year. Came home with some of their Riesling.

“Arrives by Christmas” That’s probably all I really needed to hear.

I got these for my dad for xmas, he loves these two varietals and it seemed like I couldn’t go wrong with this.

Hopefully WW stays true to their word and ships these ASAP.

I have tasted at Anthony Road, and I think they have great wines. If I had any space/extra money I would buy this to compare to finger lakes vintages, but sadly that is not to be. Maybe next time.

Wow, already in route to be delivered in Socal on Wednesday. Good job W.W.

Haven’t even received a shipping notice. Not looking good for the “Delivered by Christmas” on my front.

Got it today! Crazy fast!