Take That, Asimov!

Unfortunately, the laws won. Darn you robotic programming!

Rarely do you see a robot with such snazzy boots. Well done, Mr. Zettwoch.

Thoroughly confused.

They eat old people’s medicine for fuel.

Once they grab you with those metal claws you can’t break free, because they are made of metal, and robots are strong.

For the uninitiated:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law

In science fiction, the Three Laws of Robotics are a set of three rules written by Isaac Asimov, which almost all positronic robots appearing in his fiction must obey. Introduced in his 1942 short story “Runaround”, although foreshadowed in a few earlier stories, the Laws state the following:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Edit: someone beat me to it

I would have posted the laws, but it seems like everyone else has already done it.

Alternate time to wear this shirt: When the metal ones come for you, and they will.

Why do you people think Isaac Asimov corners the market on “The Robotic Laws”?

I hate the shirt, by the way. Its a visual explosion

heh - clever. love the asimov reference.

I thought he already killed the bossy human. Perhaps everyone is bald and has beards in the future.

i’m not sure if this has been said yet, but the laws are as follows… (just kidding BTW)

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

looks like he’s about to shoot the sheriff

This shirt would probably be good for the planet of robots in Futurama, if they wore clothes.

He may have shot the sheriff, but he didn’t shoot the deputy.

Oh man, this made me laugh out loud. Excellent joke and art :slight_smile:

Hmmm…using the laws of Bacon (Kevin, that is), that’s the Bob Marley song Will Smith was singing in I Am Legend. Will Smith also was in I, Robot, a movie about Asimov’s laws. Coincidence? I think not.

Thus, I come to the conclusion that the robots are already subliminally affecting our minds through this shirt.

So in this case, he fought the law, but the law didn’t win…bad robot!

1. Robot stomps dead guy.
  2. Robot smokes a cig. while dead guy calls him (@#$%*!).
  3. Robot with smoking gun sweats.

Yay! Good story! :tongue: