Tanaka 50.1CC 20-Inch Rear Handle Chain Saw

Rear handle is the correct term. You don’t hear it much because the assumption is that it is rear handled like 95% of saws sold. Top handle saw used to be more popular but are inherently less safe due to design. Most are sold to and used by climbing tree pros and Arborists.

50:1 if you are using synthetic to make your mix. I use Stihl Ultra. Husqvarna and other after markets make similar oil.

is this another overpriced run of the mill item, reduced to look like a good deal??

The $680 list price must be in Rupees. But at $274 delivered it is a good deal on a saw that should be listed at roughly $350.So your savings is around 20% instead of the advertised 60%.

It would be nice to have some additional pictures of the chainsaw, particularly the side of the chainsaw where the chain tension is adjusted. This is typically visible at the base of the bar.

Anyone who does not know EXACTLY what they are doing should never be up in a tree using a chain saw!

For that matter, they shouldn’t be on the ground using one either!

I bought this last year also and it has been a good saw. I do have a couple of issues, though.

If I haven’t used it for a while, it will start right up. Once I’ve had it running for a little while and shut it off, it takes forever to get restarted.

The other is that the chain tension adjustment screw is very shallow and the tool that came with it slips out very easily.

Even with those two small issues, this is a very capable saw and a good buy if you need one and don’t want to spend twice as much on a Stihl or Husqvarna.

Arborists are professionals.

Mine arrived already and I used it for the first time today. Feels nice and balanced while cutting. Easy to control. Starting procedure is a little bit complex. I needed to cut a big stump in half before splitting it down for firewood, and this saw had plenty of power to zip right through.

So far it’s a thumbs up.

EDIT: Used again today to cut through another big stump. Awesome saw. Very pleased with my purchase. Hope the other buyers are having the same good experience.