Tara Bella Mixed Cabernet Sauvignon (2)

Tara Bella Mixed Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$58.99 $154.00 62% off List Price
2011 Tara Bella Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County
2011 Tara Bella Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Russian River Valley
CT links above

Winery website

For the winemakers: by all accounts, 2011 was a miserable growing year for CA, including (and especially) in the RRV and Sonoma. How did your fields/harvest fare? Can we expect some decent cellaring time on these or are these more 6-24 month bottles?

Solid discount here.

Numbers sure don’t tell the full story, but when was the last time we saw AbV in the 12’s with pH in the low 3’s as well from a Cali Cab?
Both speak to potential age-ability.
Producer input here would be most welcome.

The message she left says that the weather played an impact on the alcohol content from picking early, and later said to check out other vintages because they’ll “make your socks roll up”

So, does this vintage not make our socks roll up?

Does the bad growing season have a negative effect on the flavor?

Is this not worthy of the black tie symbol, or is that symbol no longer in use?

I’m curios about this as well. I wonder if these will come across a tad under ripe?

Yeah… 2011 sucked. We were in full bloom and got a 3 day hard rain and lost 40% of our blossoms…
I never got hot all summer… we never went to the river one time…
Right before harvest we got more rain and then it shot up to 100.
A lot of swearing going on around the valleys…

Our 2011s are good… will they ever be GREAT??? I don’t think so…
Get a couple and put them in your cellar…
Try them in about 5 years… they should rock
For less than $30 a bottle… a total steal.

Of course they will… we had to pick or get wiped out by rain and potential mold… we harvested before we wanted… but because of so much blossom loss early in the season, we were ripening right along and then it never got hot.
And then it was going to rain again…
We HAD to pick…
We love to pick in that 24-25 Brix range… these were low… just like the price…

Pick up a couple of offers, cellar them for awhile and serve with food…
Because of the natural light acidity, they are awesome food wines…

I think I’ll open one of the Estates right now!!!

This wine will prob make your socks roll down… but not back up again.

It is good… and because of the growing season, it is not so much the flavor (this time) but the bodiedness(is that a word) ?

A lighter bodied wine than we usually produce. Again… it was 2011…

Our wines retail normally for $75 a bottle. At this price, I could drink this wine all day…In fact, I’ve started…

It is lighter, but I’m totally digging it with a light lunch.
I think you should grab a few, as we don’t have much left…

Curious about the decision to bottle these under your normal labels. A lot of wineries in your shoes would create a 2nd label and declassify the wine instead of putting out a product that does not live up to their typical standards. Not saying the wine is bad or isn’t worth the price being offered here just wanted some insight into these decisions.

This is a great price for this wine

We talked about doing a second label on these 11s.
You can’t find our wine in stores and we have about and 800 active member wine club (that’s pretty awesome for a winery that only produces 600 cases a year.)

Many people collect our wines and have them cellared starting at about 1999… a bunch of club members mentioned that they like tasting the changes in the weather that really speaks to the terroir.

Hence, no second label but a great Woot deal

This 2011 Estate has been open now for about a 1/2 hour… opening nicely…

Serving with a sharp cheddar and the end of last night’s pork tenderloin…

Pairing perfectly… totally digging it

Kevin always likes to pick our grapes at about 24-24.5 Brix and 3.4-3.6 pH. It is that light natural acidity that gives it some hardy back bone and good ageability… like you said.

True, this vintage is not a huge fat alcohol bomb with high tired flabby pH…

Super drinkable now, but with some more cellar time, it is a perfect light bodied summer red.

Flavors are lovely… very fruit evident

Our last offer had a black tie… maybe that is just a Valentine’s Day thing… I’m wearing mine though… just because

Thank you for the thoughts, hadn’t considered the continuity issue for collectors.

It’s so cool when people tell us they still have 99s, 00s and 01s…and still tasting great.
Maybe you’d want to pick up some 08s, 09s, 10s (these 11s at Woot offer), and then holy moly… along come the amazing 12s…

Just filtered and racked our 13s yesterday to be bottled in August… stellar…
and 14s are coming on also… they’ll be another year and 1/2 in French Oak.

These 11s will stay in bottle a long time…