Targus Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad

You said closer to cherry red other person said pink, which is it?

I’ve one (using it right now) and it is totally red. No hint of pink.

That being said, I’ve had it over a year and the red cover is peeling off badly.

Thanks

I received my case in the mail and went to charge it, but no light is on or flashing to indicate that it is charging. What is the charge time after the initial opening of the package? Should there be a light on?

Oh man, bummer. I’d suggest contacting Targus; they’d probably have a little more insight into what the issue could be.

If you need any extra help, please don’t hesitate to email support@woot.com with your order info and situation.

Guess I’m not the only one with this issue.

I went to set mine up yesterday w/ my iPad 2 (which fits nicely in it, BTW) and none of the lights came on. Thought maybe the battery was low or dead, so I plugged the keyboard into a USB port on my desktop computer and let it charge for nearly 24 hrs. … still nada. I have e-mailed Targus about this issue – we’ll see what they say.

And to those who were concerned w/ color: Mine is definitely red, nowhere near pink.

So I’m now the 3rd person who received this DOA. Seems to me that the charger cord is not compatible…the mini USB connector on the cord is not the same shape as the keyboard and thus doesn’t insert all the way.

PS - I love the “bummer, contact Targus” response…GREAT customer service

These are NEW so I’m not sure why they’re not charging. You do have a warranty with Targus so that’s the best place to start. They may be able to troubleshoot the problem for you.

If all else fails, please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Also include correspondence and other information from Targus.

I ordered this from Woot on Nov 26, received an email with a tracking number and all it showed was "Label created’. I contacted woot several times and they never gave me a good response on why I haven’t received it, much less why they haven’t shipped it yet. I contacted them today (20 days later) and they just gave me a refund with absolutely no reason why they never shipped it. Way to go Woot, slackers.

update: I did e-mail Targus and got a rather formulaic reply. I went through the steps again and discovered that I didn’t have the mini-USB end firmly inserted into the keyboard. (Like another poster here, I didn’t think the mini-USB fit exactly right.) But once I did that, the lights came on and off as they were supposed to, and the keyboard now works. BTW, the mini-USB was not easy to remove from the keyboard once charging was complete … I hope I don’t have to recharge the keyboard for a while! (I have it turned off currently because I haven’t used it since I set it up.)

After reading this post, I decided to try to plug the mini usb cable in again, (forcefully) and the red charging light came on. Woot-hoo!!!