Targus Mobile Docking Station with Ethernet

great product… can’t say much bad about it… useful linkage w/ CSE links… they’re usually reasonably useful…what were they thinking when they invented this thing?..

ok, i’m a little bit negative these days.

the device is really nice, especially for the price.

however, it seems like i don’t need it. good deal for who’d use it though…

tempting, add a NIC to old computers, or a serial port to new ones

14.1" laptop: great for portability and web browsing, not so great for term papers or gaming. connecting a full size keyboard and mouse as well as a printer and monitor: great for tons of stuff

In for one. If it will allow an in-law to still use their old printer it will be worth the price.

anyone know how this connects to a laptop?

It connects via your computer’s USB port.

Sellout.Woot doesn’t take PayPal? First time I ordered from SW, but it didn’t give me a PP payment option.

Woot creeps me out. I just received a programming contract that requires me to program to a serial device. My laptop doesn’t have a serial port, so I thought to myself, “I wish I had one of those handy docking stations!”

Thanks Woot.

Basically, it’s a 2-port USB2 powered hub (includes the AC adapter), plus it has parallel, serial, PS/2 and Ethernet ports built in. Think of it as a Leatherman of USB-connected external ports.

paypal having issues, they will be back up tomorrow per woot staff.

I connects using a USB 2.0 port.
Note that it DOESN’T do video as one of the previous posts incorrectly states.

pricing for future reference

product(s): 1 Targus PA095UZ Mobile Docking Station w/Ethernet
condition: New

$14.99 + $5 shipping

Will this connect a monitor?

Seems like a good deal but I am not sure how I would use it. I have a laptop but not sure how this would improve it. What am I missing?

my google skills have failed me.

anyone know if the ethernet port works ‘live cd’ with ubuntu or knoppix?

not this model.

Targus also has a video, and an audio version… but this ain’t it baby.

Well for a minute or two, I was trying to see what I could use this for, then after reading a little more about this item… I got it!

I always have to check older keyboards, and mice, so I was planing on putting a computer in the garage just to do this, but why do that when I got my laptop and now I have this! So hopefully it will solve all my issues. :slight_smile:

pretty much… check out the description.

Ports/Connectors Input/Output:

(2) PS/2 ports
(2) USB 2.0
(1) Parallel
(1) Serial

As far as I can tell the main reason to use this is if you have a few devices that you have to hook up all the time at home and at work. This makes it so that all you have to hook up is one USB.