Targus Universal Notebook 90 Watt AC Power Adapter

$14.99 + $5 shipping

condition:
Refurbished
product(s):
1 Targus APA01US Universal Notebook 90 Watt AC Power Adapter
Froogle

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

$14.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Targus APA01US Universal Notebook 90 Watt AC Power Adapter

I have the 70W version from woot, and they are terrific to have, though it’s probably not compatible with the newer IBM and Apple laptops though.

froogle

Are they compatible with the newer Dells? Nice price.

OH MY GOD are you kidding me?

I forgot my laptop power cord in my dorm, and the only reason why I’m wasting my battery right now was to check to see if I could buy a backup on Woot. Bit too late for me now, but all I need to do is decide to get one or two…

Is there a 2 prong plug in there? My car takes a 2 prong but not a 3… and while I know there’s a car charger in there I’d love to be able to plug my laptop in the actual plug in my car.

does anyone know if these actually CHARGE a battery or if they just power the computer??? Need a new cord, but I guess some of these will not actually charge up the battery.

Anyone??

Newer IBMs does that include Levenos then?

Exactly what I want to know.

I would say they charge the computer. it has a power adapter transformer. SO I would say, YES. IN FOR 1.

Yeah, these Targus universals are very expensive in the stores and even online. I know because I paid about $60-$70 each for two of these back in the day, about 1999 - 2000.

You are right, my spanking new Lenovo IdeaPad Y510 that I got three weeks ago [a smokin notebook, formerly IBM ThinkPad brand] says 19V on the label.

This one is 16V max output. Oh well, sure is a sweet deal.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/wootlenovoadapter.jpg

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/wootibmadapter.jpg

Uhh, it should charge and power your laptop simultaneously just as if it were plugged into a wall outlet. This replaces the need for an inverter along with your regular power cord.

I don’t think Apple has made MagSafe available for third-parties, so whenever a “universal” notebook adapter comes up, don’t expect it to work with newer Macs (probably a good reason why replacement MagSafe adapters cost $80).

Product link: Laptop Accessories, Backpacks, and More | Shop Targus – Targus US

EDIT: fixed link, previous one looked enough like it.

99 cents at any hardware store will get you a ground lifter (those gray three-prong to two-prong adapters).

Targus | Backpacks, Docking Stations & Computer Accessories Targus specs. Includes a link on the left to see if the tip you need for your device is included with this adapter.

With the 70 watt it depended on the computer.

Check the following website for compatibility with your computer:

Note it lists seperate tips for the 70w and the 90w. Where the 70w wouldn’t charge my Dell the 90w does. Now I just need to go back to the list of included tips on the item description.

FYI: Amps = Watts/Volts so it’ll provide 7.5 amps at 12V or 5.6 amps at 16V, etc.

Would probably work to replace that pesky LCD power supply you burned out or lost as well.

will this work with the asus eee?

If they come out with a solar-powered crank am/fm weather band version of this - i’m totally in. Ribs - yum

also needs a flashlight, siren and cool thermometer