Tasco 120x USB-Equipped Digital Microscope

Ok, so we got our microscope today and when my wife opened the box, it was full of ants. They were the larger red/black ants. After I got home I pulled the box the scope came in out of the shipping box and there must have been around 75 ants or so in the bottom of the box and quite a few specimens for the new microscope that were nice and flat and dry.

I opened the box the microscope came in and it was clear of ants… WHEW!! Anyone else get free woot ants? Is this common? :smiley:

Oh wow, I don’t know that I’d have included a smiley face if I received a box of ants, microscope or not. Have you sent your situation and order info to support@woot.com yet?

Has anyone got this thing to work with Windows 8.1 Is that why it was so cheap… Do I have to send it back !!!

Sorry for the problems. Have you tried contacting Tasco?

Here’s their page.

Yes waiting for reply !!

I have not got any support From Tasco So I have Returned it to Woot… 4/3/14 …

So is this working for anyone? Got ours yesterday and still can’t get it up. The software CD wouldn’t load, so we had to find the drivers off of the website, but even after installing them (on a Win7Pro machine), when we open the “BOP App” all we get is a message saying that there’s no video capture devices connected, and the devices and printers section only sees it as an unspecified USB 2.0 device.

Getting pretty dissappointed with this one-- even at $30, that’s $30 for something that doesn’t work.

Anybody have some success stories?

I had the Intel one and it worked, with Windows XP.

Thank you for your quick and easy return Policy ! Got a full Refund ??? Thank you Woot !

I just got ours today and we followed the software installation instructions to the letter and are also getting the message on the BOP software about there being no video capture device. Has anyone had any success with these? Should I just return it?

How on earth did you get a full refund? I had the same exact error, Tasco refused to help me, and Woot says I owe them a restocking fee! I am not very happy with this nor am I happy to hear that this is not how others were treated!

I believe CS said there would be a restocking fee if it was found to not have a problem. If it’s not working, email again. Just make sure you’re clear in your request and that it’s not working. Also that Tasco wouldn’t help.

Must be lucky. Finally just opened ours. Completely forgot I had put it away until I needed to see if tiny pellets were termite poop. (They are, sigh). Anyway, my 12 year old son set the whole thing up. Using Windows 7 professional and CD loaded right up. Have already taken pics of the poop for our pest control guy, looked at the slides, hair, finger, tooth pick. Having a lot of fun with it! So much easier then the one from my childhood.