Tasco 120x USB-Equipped Digital Microscope

I used Macam with my Intel QX3 and I just checked their website, they don’t have a listing for this model. It all depends on the chipset used, the other thing is the lower light couldn’t be controlled. http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/cameras/index.php

Good info. Thank you for sharing.

Anybody else have thoughts?

Same here, and I haven’t even gotten mine yet :frowning:

There are a few shareware applications that are compatible with the Intel QX microscopes, which will likely work with this one, too.

Go to macupdate.com and search for “microscope”.

From the Features in the ad: Software NOT compatible with MAC OS or Windows 8

I can’t agree more, I swear they hide it just to annoy you.

Would I be able to see detailed cellular structures with this? Mitochondria etc.? $3 more after shipping at Tanga: Tasco 780200T 120x USB-Equipped Digital Microscope - Tanga

The older model works with Maccam on Snow Leopard. If you look at kexts.com there are drivers that will get just about anything working. The included software wont work though.

Interesting idea but we just take the info straight from the manufacturer’s site.

We did add in a note though about Win 8 and Macs. Also a link to the manual.

Thought I was replying to russwjohns, but anyway the drivers are not updated to work with Win 8, so there goes having fun with kids playing with it!

I don’t understand why the lack of working with Win 8 isn’t listed in the specs. I don’t always look at the features as it’s pretty much just a commercial anyway.

Dude, check the sample photos next to the main picture.

it sucks that I have to send s*** down to my brother in Wisconsin because they won’t deliver items to Alaska. the last time I checked we became a state in 1959. I hope this microscope is worth the extra postage I will pay to have my brother forward it on to me. good price though even with the extra postage.

Should work on Linux, no drivers needed. Will let you know after I get it.

does anyone have trouble getting the usb driver to install on windows 7? i can’t get the usb to install.

Install it as administrator, then reboot the PC.

tried it many times on many machines. didn’t work. i am beginning to suspect it has something to do with the big dent on the box. contacted woot yesterday, still haven’t heard back.

Mine installed no problem on Win7, but the lights don’t work at all.
Also tried on Linux, which usually doesn’t require drivers for most devices, but it’s not working. Still debugging the Linux problem.
Edit: Got it working in Linux via Virtualbox running WinXP. And the light still does not turn on, must be defective.
Edit2: Got it working natively in Linux by following the instructions here…