Tatachilla 2006 McLaren Vale Australian Cabernet Shiraz - 6 Pack

I order a lot from woot wine and I had to sign every time or they take it back to Fedx . They will come 3 times then you have to pick it up at Fedx. They haven’t carded at home but they do at Fedx

Don’t be a baby… oh they should card; blah blah blah. Look - they are not going to hand it over to little children, it’s just a case of freaking wine. If they should card, then they should card anyone who walks into a liquor store or grocery store or gas station depending on your state and then you should be carded upon walking into a house that has alcohol.

We need to use these forums for wine quality and other need to know information; not this B.S.

I love Wine!

Disappointed, no Missouri or I would have been in for one. I don’t understand how the decision/ability to ship changes from offering to offering. I’ve seen it said that it is by producer but assumed it would be by supplier (woot).

Hmm… from a quick google search
seems its goes for about $10 in australia. Not sure this is a good deal.

Anyone have more info about this wine? additional price points?

You can also have FedEx hold the package at a local Kinkos’s Fedex or other Fedex approved locations once you get the Tracking Number from woot. Your brother can then go and pick up at his convenience. Just make sure it’s in his name, because the Fedex Store will definitely card to release the package. I have done this several times when I knew I would be traveling on biz and couldn’t be home for the delivery.

Do you know how expensive it would be to ship it from Australia?

Time to do a little “wining.” What happened to Connecticut??? I’ve picked up a couple things here before, but today I find my state lumped in among the stick in the mud buzz-killing states! Anybody know what’s going on with that? Maybe because it’s a foreign wine instead of from California? Recent changes in legislature? Big ole sad face over here.

Wineries must maintain the ability to ship to various states. That’s why each state’s availability changes from offering to offering.

Their should be a permanent post about this as I seem to see this question with every offering;)

That’s also a different vintage - 2009 vs. the 2006 here.

I guess I never paid close attention to the list, I just usually saw that CT was approved and never really thought twice about it. That’s good to know, thanks!

They are supposed to deliver to a person who is 21 who signs for it. One time they actually did call back to my office from the front desk to verify I was 21 (Of course, this is laughable since I have worked for the company longer than that). I now have all my wine sent to the local UPS store.

There’s a lot of debate over stelvin/screwcaps, but the biggest reason against the is purely tradition. There is actually a US winery (Carlisle) that bottled there stuff in both. I have several bottles aging in my cellar that I will eventually open to do the comparison.

For stuff you’re not going to cellar, screw caps are a big win other than the fact that I have a strange propensity to go into my Steve Martin impression (from the muppet movie) and ask if you would like to smell the bottle cap.

Depends on delivery person. I wasn’t home whend a delivery arrived and my 20 year old daughter signed for the package. Delivery guy never asked… maybe he was blinded by her beauty. :slight_smile:

http://www.hiddenbarrel.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showDrilldown&productid=325c4a9f-a6c6-bd91-d790-721616358210&ProductCategoryID=371a27df-ccf1-b5bb-4100-65372640957f&OrderBy=PXPC.DisplayOrder%20Asc,%20P.ProductName%20ASC

Here it is listed at $26 a bottle, with decent review. Just about to hit the orange button

Count slowly to 10… Okay? Now order the wine if you like it. More screwtops in our future, esp. from Australia mate.

I went to that link and saw $16 a bottle. still makes this wine.woot decent buy.

We have never been carded here in Chicago. FedEx calls the day before delivery, too.

In for one. Sounds like people like it, and it looks like a good value.

As a delivery alternative, track the shipping date and contact the shipper to arrange for pickup at their office, and then have a 21+ person pick it up.

To the young man asking about delivery, they just need a signature by ‘someone’ over 21, it doesn’t have to be the person that ordered it.
I regularly have my neighbors sign if I am not available when they deliver, just get a neighbor 21 or over to sign for it if your older brother isn’t home.

The 2007 TLC cab/shiraz has been my go-to weeknight wine for the past year or so. At roughly the same price point, how does anyone suggest this will compare?

I’m a gray haired 60+ Wooter…I wish I could get carded! If you’re 25 and look 16, you’d probably get carded. Drivers wouldn’t take a chance to lose their job over someone elses wine…same with a bartender.