TaxCut Premium and State Tax Year 2007 on 1GB USB Drive

Wait…you have to pay taxes? I thought they were optional…

WHERE’S MY BAG 'O CRAP?!

woot says:
“…if it means keeping unnecessary fees out of tax preparers’ hands. Those parasites!”

I’m a CPA and a night owl. I make my living and support my family by preparing taxes. Oh yeah…it enables me to support woot too. Who again is the parasite?

I E-filed mine through TurboTax online for free. Didn’t even have to download anything.

i know there is a $20 mail in rebate somewhere for this online, i saw it somewhere my qu3stion is

is it rebate delegable?

Heres a helpful hint for all you taxpayers; Goto your state’s .gov website and search for Tax form software. I can garentee that you’ll find this exact same software on there for free. All you have to do it open your eyes and search!!
(I know for certain it’s on Michigan’s website because thats how I already got mine done.)

I can’t even ask a box, just a usb drive…LOL

You’re so awesome, you get to sit in jail for a few months for tax evasion instead! That’s what H&R Block’s stand is on the matter, anyway, not providing a version for less than 5% of the market, how dare they!

Who needs this?

I e-filed my federal and state for FREE at [link]http://www.taxfreedom.com[/link] - a nice gift from Turbo Tax!

To qualify, you must have one of the following:
* an ADJUSTED Gross Income (AGI) less than $30k
* served active military with an AGI less than $54k
* you qualify for an [link=http://www.intuit-orion.com/CalcTools/CalcTools.html]Earned Income Credit (EIC)[/link]

Bought this from Woot last year with the 256mb flash drive. Worked fine (I’ve used Taxcut 2-3 years now) but I have fairly simple taxes. This doesn’t include the e-file fee which for me in CA works out to about $30 ($15 fed + $15 state). Seems insane to have to pay to e-file when it really makes less work for everyone. But I don’t want to trust some random IRS temp to enter my return correctly!

I’m on the fence about this, last year after e-filing the Woot price ended up being decent but not the steal I thought I was getting. Granted you get the USB drive here but those get so cheap it’s hard to worry too much about it.

BTW, to anyone who’s already used TaxCut this year-- one of the Amazon reviews said there was a bug preventing e-filing that wasn’t going to be fixed until Feb. 21-- has anyone run into that, or is this a typical Amazon reviewer who couldn’t tell a computer from a microwave?

I’ve used the H&R Block Tax Cut for a couple of years now. No complaints. Checked the Office Max site, and this same package - thumb drive and all - retails for $49.99 normally from them.

Thumb drive can be erased and used for other things after you’ve finished with your taxes. Bought it on thumb drive last year as well.

The free CD for this year’s taxes will cost $39.99 to use. Basically, they mail you the CD and if you want to install it, you buy the product key from them. Without it, the mailed CD is useless. I’d rather buy the thumb drive from Woot!

“NEVER” is a pretty strong word. You do pay taxes. Check your receipt the next time you go out to dinner. I think you will find a sales tax added to the bill. Again, the word “NEVER” is absolute with no ands, buts, or exceptions. Just be careful and choose your words cautiously. It appears your fingers were working faster than your brain on your Woot post.

TAXCUTS SUCKS… as a tax accountant I can attest that it does not carry forward prior year losses.

I would recommend using the free file with www.irs.gov if you earn under $54000 (and it’s free and better).

Or www.esmarttax.com for $14.95 which I filed with today!

What a commercial woot. Sucks

But if i remember the Michigan tax form from when I lived up in the thumb it was slightly larger than a postcard, amd most of that was trying to get you to donate to the save the ducks club (and picture of said duck).

no thanks… I’ll go to H&R Block… I don’t want a box’s help during an audit.

1 gig for this $25? …

glad i got the Bluetooth stuff yesterday… i have not wootered in a while. is wootered an acceptable form of a word that is a description of the act of purchasing an item on woot.com ?

Been a TurboTax user for years, got the 256M thumb drive with TaxCut from Woot! last year, and found TaxCut to be every bit as usable as TurboTax. I do like the TurboTax interface better, but TaxCut is not hard to use. DeductionPro (included) was as good as or better than the TurboTax equivalent. No, this does not include the e-filing fees.

And that little thumb drive? It’s the one I carry around in my pocket every friggin’ day.

This will be a nice upgrade, thanks Woot!

But what about us poor, unfortunate folks who don’t have a State Income Tax?

HaHaHaHaHa

Sent via SmartPost? That could be living a little dangerously, but it will give me a few weeks to find all my receipts…

Someone please tell me why people buy this? Isnt this the same thing that is on the hrblock website? Why pay for this… then pay to electronic file?

WHY.

I really want to know.

Why not go to the IRS website and click the “free file” link? Why!!!

No more late night coffee.
no.

http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/jsp/index.jsp

& amp;amp;amp;amp; indeed!

This is a great woot! except for the smartpost. Smartpost more or less means it will get to you either just before or just after it is useless or superseded.

If they offered a faster ship option, I’d have already ordered… well, maybe.