TaxCut Premium & State Tax Year 2007 on 1GB USB Drive

Not to be picky or anything, but the write-up has the wrong extension form number, even though the right form is linked.

If you’re just buying them for the drive…

1 for $15 (shipped) = feh
3 for $35 (shipped) = what’s one step above “feh”?

HINT: shop.kingston.com has 1GB USB flash drives for $7, free shipping!

Woot! had these for $24.99 plus shipping on February 1 of this year, so this is a great deal IF you get it in time to file.

As a 1G thumb drive deal, this is only so-so unless you get 3. You can get 2G thumb drives for $10 plus a few bucks shipping these days (the PNY 2G for $17.49 shipped comes to mind). Buy.com has the 8G Kingston Hi-Speed for $35 shipped and the 4G version of this thumb drive (minus the software) for $20 shipped.

Pish, just go to IRS.gov and choose “free file”… if you make under $50K a year its free including E filing and state/ state e-filing.

Also if you have kids… Get those earned income tax credits…

my (2) kids are worth a $5138 credit(refund) With NO Fed taxes paid at all on my wifes and my 3rd kid (me filing seprately to get that 3 credit) nets me another $2245 Plus her $900 stimulus and my $600 stimulus… the govt is paying me close to $9000 this year, all with no federal taxes paid at all… and filed free no less.

I was going to do my taxes tomorrow, got next day shipping like last Xmas with the Xbox…or was that the year before

Just so you know, you don’t qualify for EIC if you file separately. And if your “wife” and you are married and file as single, instead of MFS, you are committing tax fraud. You can be prohibited from getting EIC for 10 years for fraud, or 2 years for a “mistake”. You may want to amend your return to fix it and pay back the extra $$$.

My understanding is that you need to have earned a certain amount to qualify for the stimulus check.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179181,00.html

If you want the $600 tax credit from the government, you need to file taxes. That’s how they know where to send the check. Read this:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/pf/taxes/rebates_what_you_need_to_know/index.htm

Taxes are hard…let’s go shopping.

Dang it i already did my taxes, paied retail (30$) for this at bestbuy. I didn’t even get a usb drive. If you get this you better file an extention cause it’s comming smart post unless you pay for overnight. You probably won’t get it in time to get your taxes in by the 15th.

no efile included…that will be like 13 + 16 extra

Just got my return… oh yeah! boy that stimulus… got me some extra woot money…

Wow. If you haven’t filed you taxes by now, you are really not interested in financial well being. I guess you must be scurrying around right now looking under cushions and digging under piles of unopened junk mail hoping to find W-2’s and 1099’s. Like, you sort of remember something that said “important tax information” on it, and immediately ignored the envelope. Went right on to the Maxim Magazine, probably. Good luck. Mine were filed the first week of February. Why do people wait until the last minute? Because they must LIKE to go nuts the last week. So have fun. Go nuts. By the way, H&R Block is the WORST software out there.

In for one, but it didn’t give me any option to ship overnight. :frowning:

Or we’re just lazy.

Great deal and in for one. I hope it doesn’t take up to 5 days before shipping as that would be cutting things a bit close!

Folks who are commenting / worried that this won’t arrive in time for doing taxes - it probably will, but even woot! can’t account for an act of God. Therefore, they have to tell you about filing an extension with the gov’t in order to avoid being on the wrong side of the law.

Do a free e-file with the IRS, or use TurboTax or another program like that. At this point, those would be your only two choices [realistically, and inexpensively] to get your taxes done on time at this point.

Based on the speed of my BOC that I got on the 1st, this should arrive on the 21st of April…6 days late, not only that, but I already have 2 cruzer thumb drives, 1 2 GB(I got for free) and one 1 GB…I paid like $5 for a year ago…sorry sellout.woot.com…no need for this.

I suppose I could have put quotes on “wife” or used “baby momma”
Either way, I am intimately familiar with publication 596 (eic 2007) specifically chapter 2 rule 9 " Your Qualifying Child Cannot Be Used By More Than One Person To Claim the EIC"

You’re confusing sellout.woot.com with wesellcrappytshirts.woot.com which actually offers overnight service for a fee. :wink:
There is no SmartPost snail graphics on this woot, so hopefully it’s not smartpost… but if it takes woot 5 business days to get around to shipping the order, it won’t matter much if it’s smartpost or regular Fedex or UPS or DHL or whatever they use these days, alot of people won’t get the package in time.