TaylorMade R5 Dual Fairway Wood

Bah, a golf club. This is the most disappointing woot to date, in my opinion.

Froogle: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TaylorMade+R5+Dual+Fairway+Wood&btnG=Search+Froogle – lowest: $199.99
Pricewatch: http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/search.asp?s=TaylorMade+R5+Dual+Fairway+Wood – nothing found
Pricegrabber: PriceGrabber - Taylormade r5 dual fairway wood Golf Clubs – lowest: $139.99, but has a graphite head instead of titanium (I’m assuming this makes a difference)

Looks like the “discuss this product” link on the main page isn’t working (was redirecting indefinately).

Its not a 5 wood, its a 3 wood. And you can buy the whole set of 3,5 and 7 fairway woods - but it’ll cost you about $550

Yea, had togo to blog tab to get to discussion.

…Remember what I said yesterday, kids; There’s two types of Woot that are a waste of time for their average customer base: anything to do with health, and anything to do with golf. Yesterday, it was health. Today it’s golf.

Any chance of getting Hard Drives next, Woot?

Ahh, woot! I would be all over this if I had a job. Why, oh woot, couldn’t you wait a month or two for this. I takes a little while to build up a private practice.

But for all you who wonder about this club, BUY IT!!! Extremely well balanced, and extrememly forgiving. Right now my woods are a conglmoration of clubs, but my irons are all TaylerMade. Great quality!

The D-2 swing weight is ILLEGAL if I play with you and you hit the ball with this, I will add two strokes automatically. and will probably call the law

They do have one. It’s in The Simpsons episode where Ned Flanders met the actress (Sara Sloane was her name, if I’m not mistaken), dated her, and had sex in the park.

Enough with the eff’in ‘right-handed-only’ sales. Good grief…is all of the wootletariate left-brained goons?

You do realize that the average disposable income of lefties is nearly double that of righties, don’t you?

What’s next? Mp3 sunglasses that only work if you have green eyes?

At least this one actually LOOKS like real equipment. I remember the one that looked like a funky desk organizer!

Nice to see you got the brain sidedness correct… Right handers ARE left brained, although there are a few of us who have mixed dominance and get confused with what side to use.

I think somebody severed Woot’s corpus callosum and they’ve been stuck in right-handed mode ever since.

I just don’t see what all the fuss is about the lack of left-handed stuff…just join the rest of us righties, and stop whining! SHEESH !

AL <grinning, ducking and running like hell!>

It’s not a D-2 swing weight, It said Desmond Tutu !

have any of you helpless lefties /tried/ golfing right handed? I’m a lefty, but learned to golf right handed. easier to find instructors tha were helpful, and oh, look, I can use right handed woots.
lefties golfing right can pull a lot of extra power through the ball. it’s worth learning to play the right way.
and quit freaking whining.

I’m buying one to smash the Leak Frog with… while the smoke detectors are sounding “Danger…Woot…Danger” (in my own voice of course).

Swing weight varies from A-0 (~lightest) to F-9 (~heaviest). There is absolutely nothing wrong with a D-2 swing weight. It is a quite average standard swing weight for a man’s club.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the woot! population is disproportionately left-handed? Perhaps there is some sort of psychological reason for this? Someone should look into it.

Or maybe every single lefty doesn’t need to complain about it every time. At least you guys got a woot! in your general sphere of interest.

I am pretty sure it’s lefties complaining ALL THE TIME… I mean, what else better do they have to do?

i dont post much, but i am left handed. :frowning: id buy two of these, if they came for us southpaws, one for my dad and one for me. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

This one isn’t in my sphere of interest – I just like stirring the pot. <grin>

yeah…standard for an ILLEGAL man. I’m calling the 5-0 on anyone that shows up in my foursome with one of these bad boys. Unless of course we’re playing best ball in some tourney and then, well, I welcome these lil gems to our humble foursome. BTW, what’s a swing weight?