Got the 40" last time these were offered. Set it up in the teen entertainment room to replace a dead original Roku. Setup was a breeze and took about 10 minutes. They are cord-cutters so it serves all of their TV viewing needs. A huge upgrade from what was there. Would buy again if I needed another TV.
Did yours have the flashlighting and light bleeding issue? I got it the last time and ended up sending it back because it was so terrible.
It also seems to take a long time to start up or shut down, and when I woke up in the middle of the night I could tell the screen was slightly illuminated.
Any idea what the model number is on the 40 inch version? Debating on getting to use as a PC monitor. PC mag gave one of the TCLs 40 inch tvs a pretty good review.
I purchased the 32" version of this product (not from Woot). Big mistake!
- Takes forever to ‘boot up’
- Regularly does not turn on, and requires that it be unplugged, wait a few minutes, then re-boot.
- For OTA viewing, receiver is not selective or sensitive. Lots of pixelation, on an antenna that works fine for other TV sets tested.
- Contacting ‘help’ resulted in 2 suggestions for reloading and restarting with no improvement.
- I would not recommend this product family.