TCL 43in 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart LED TV

TCL 43in 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart LED TV

Is there no discussion on this or can I just not get to it?

You’re the first. Welcome and thank you!

I guess people are too busy to comment today.

That said, I have two TCL TVs and love them.

1 Like

dose this tv have an auto off fuction… ie it turns off after 4hours of no one interacting with it?

Seems to. Mine do.

Here’s the manual I found for the S series TV. It shows a setting for Auto Off.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwix3J2LguveAhXkt1kKHUssAPMQFjAAegQIChAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tclusa.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2F2017-12%2F8.0_User_Manual_S_Series_Final_4.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2zpWIB8h4IWKGrW8BTHM0N

1 Like

Does this tv have WiFi or does it need to be hard lined?

Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2 Dual Band (support 2.4GHz & 5GHz)

1 Like

Glad to know you like this brand.

My 42 visio doesn’t “pop out” to the eyes like a HDTV should.

But Im gonna hold out for a 50"

You’re in luck :wink: – not quite 50" but if 49" will do…

TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV

But note that Amazon and Walmart both have this model for just $10 more and they are new (not refurbs).

We bought this model about 6 months ago and it’s been a really nice TV. The built-in Roku is very stable and easy to navigate. The only thing I’ve noticed about it is that off axis viewing really messes with the picture quality. If you are seated more than 30 degs or so off center the picture is pretty washed out. The saturation and contrast are substantially lower than when viewed directly in front of the TV.

The Roku TCL brand - roku and picture is fine, but somewhat flimsy design - I broke mine yesterday - need a wall attachment or duck tape to keep this sturdy on your stand

Thanks TT. Haven’t been in the new forums much so still getting used to them.
I have a Roku and a 30" TV, so I’m probably just window shopping. I shouldn’t really be spending this kind of money.

In order to use a smart Roku tv do you have to buy a service or have a Roku account?

No you don’t have to buy a service, but yes, in order to access streaming media services you do need to sign up for a Roku account (there’s no charge, but you do have to register a payment method). And there are plenty “channels” that are either completely free or free if you are willing to watch a few commercials during the program.

One thing worth noting. I do own one of these TV’s, but I’ve also had a Roku account for years so I just signed into my account when I setup the TV. The paid services I access are: Acorn TV, Amazon Prime TV, and Netflix. I also have free access to PBS, PBS Kids, YouTube, and a hand full of others.

All that being said, you don’t HAVE to setup, or have a Roku account to use the TV. You can still use your other media sources like Cable, Off-air, Satellite, DVD player, Game Console, etc. without a Roku account by disabling the Smart TV function during setup.

If I purchase a refurbished TV and its arrives damaged or without all the manufacturer components ( power cord, legs, etc) can I exchange it for that doesnt have flaws such as dead pixels and/or includes all components?

thanks

If we (the vendor) has inventory available, we will definitely see if we can get you a replacement. For missing components (stand, remote, cables), we’ll work with the vendor to get them sent out.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

TV arrived cracked and this is my 2nd TCL order, purchased a smaller size that had multiple lines of pixels missing. This is either because the packaging is not good enough or the TV was already damaged. That said, I recommend avoiding.

Argh. Very sorry. A few TVs do end up hulk smashed during delivery but it is few. Sorry you got a two-fer.

Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.