TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K UHD Smart LED Roku TV

TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K UHD Smart LED Roku TV

I need the overall dimensions, please.

According the mothership:
Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 43.7" x 25.3" x 3", TV with stand: 43.7" x 27.7" x 8.5"

Does this model have Wi-Fi built in? Or just wired ethernet?

Per the specs, it has both.

Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2 Dual Band (support 2.4 GHz & 5GHz)

1 Like

Got mine today and mounted it. Finishing up the setup. Appears in good condition, but I had to do factory reset for the welcome setup steps to appear.

1 Like

Can this tv be used with an OTA antenna?

Yep. Quoted from the listing description:

“The best way to watch all of your favorite content – whether you stream it, pay for a cable or satellite subscription, or use the built-in tuner to enjoy free over-the-air channels – the TCL Roku TV makes it easy to enjoy it all.”

Excellent!

I have a question for someone who has this tv, can I use it without setting up on a network? I want to give it to my parents, but they don’t have internet at their place at all.

Also, will it stay on TV OTA mode once you put it there or do you have to keep choosing antenna from the home screen every time you turn it on?

You can disable the “Smart” tv functions during setup and use it as a regular TV (all of the other inputs will still work).

My TCL tv always comes up in it’s “Roku” main menu screen that allows you to select whatever input you want. But, the TCL website says that setting the power-up mode for the TV is possible. BTW - I just tried it and it works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not only that, if you add a 32GB+ USB flash drive, you can pause live TV! This is a feature I did not know the TV had when I purchased. I had a spare USB drive lying around, so I can now pause the big game to go get more nachos and not miss a single play.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I read the manual also. That pause live tv looks great, but it seems like it requires internet, why I have no idea, but I guess they’re interested in tracking that. I don’t really think my folks would use that feature, but it is cool.

1 Like

Ah. That I don’t know. Setting up the network connection was basically the first thing I did, so I don’t know what all features depend on it.

Well, I pulled the trigger on this, will try to post back after we get it set up!

This worked great, thanks.

Well, good news, bad news. Mom loves it, but it has five little purple spots. Randomly here and there. One is large enough and in the center and bugs me. She has poor vision and says that she can’t see any of them. She also pitched the box so it looks like I will have to suffer with watching it for a few years when visiting.

Is there any hope that a factory reset would be helpful? I am not going through it if not.

I’m sorry for the problem. Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Just wanted to post that the exchange process was fast and easy. Just got the first unit shipped back. Mom loves the replacement even more and I thank you all for the help in making it a good Xmas.

We watched the big college game on it with a First Gen Fire Stick and while the image showed some artifacts that could be from using an older streaming device. When we watch OTA tv with the antenna it is very sharp. The ESPN picture was overall very good, the audio was clear, and we had a great time.

I would recommend this tv.

4 Likes

YAY! Three cheers for Woot CS!

1 Like