TCL 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart LED TV

TCL 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart LED TV

We bought one of the 43 inch ones for the bedroom and it’s pretty impressive for the price.
These ain’t no Sony or LG TVs for the living room, but for a second set - hard to beat the quality/price ratio.

TCLs are a great value. Solid screen, colors, even blacks for the price, and usually without awful “soap opera” effects. The sound is not at all good, but anyone buying a modern TV knows most built-in speakers on these are just awful. It’s a great TV for living-room gaming on a budget though, with its solid refresh rate and HDR.

That said, the 50" is currently just $10 more brand new at Costco and will remain that price for almost a month, so it’s difficult to recommend a refurb from here today. The brand itself, great value brand, probably one of the best that has come around for low price range televisions in many many years.

The 43" is a solid price though (though frequently comes down to $220 at Costco).

I picked up one of these refurbs on Woot in Dec. Good picture, and love the built in Roku. My only complaint is that it takes a long time to turn on. It will often cycle through start up several times before actually turning on taking up to 3 minutes to turn on.

Have you done a firmware update? That might resolve it.

You might try looking for the “fast start” setting; it basically never fully shuts down and can receive updates while you’re not watching it.

You can enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings .
  3. Select System , followed by Power .
  4. Select Fast TV Start .
  5. Check the box to enable Fast TV Start.

Although the multiple cycling you describe sounds like a boot loop and that is worrying…shouldn’t do that unless it is applying updates that require a restart.

Price Drop on the 50" TCL

Hi there all. We’re dropping the price of the 50" TCL to $259.99!

Buy ALL the TVs!

If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pocket soonish.

1 Like

bought a 43" from Costco, 4k, no roku for 230. I think it’s a better deal personally for 30$ more new, but some people may think roku is worth it.