TCL 55P605 55-inch 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV

This is how FedEx delivered my TV. Fair Warning. I won’t be buying from anyone that ships FedEx in the future.

Hey, all.

I don’t know if this will just go into the “black hole” of comments, but I also received a damaged television from this sale. I, promptly, returned it to Woot for a refund.

In short, the box used to ship the television was not adequate for shipping on its own. I expect these were shipped to Woot from TCL on a pallet with a number of them (five or six) wrapped together. From there, I would suspect they split the pallet and shipped them individually.

As I noted in my earlier post, I purchased one of these units via Amazon.com (retail) in 2017, and the box used was far more fortified with styrofoam, packing material, etc. for shipping. The packaging on the unit shipped on this deal was not anywhere close to as shipping-ready. Obviously, these refurbished units were not meant to be shipped individually.

The shipper just sat the box on end in transit, and, of course, the corner was crushed. The result was a broken frame (separated from the display). I didn’t remove it from the box at all to check for any further damage.

I’m guessing there were a lot of returns on this sale for similar reasons. Hopefully, Woot will watch for that in the future.