TDK Sound Cube or 2-Speaker Boombox

I bought one of these and got it this past week… It sounds better than any of my other ipod docks. JBLs (I have 4) or the Klipsch iGroove. The bass is REALLY stunning. I played several of my ipods on it and there was tonal quality from the Cube I had never ever heard before. It does not work (via usb) with my older 40Gig. It says it is not supported to charge it. It does work with my 2nd and 4th gen Nano, and my Classic, and that is plugged into the usb. It is big and bulky, but the sound is simply amazing. I got mine from DailySteals for $69, Refurb. Very happy with this product. $30 more for new… still a great deal.
To the above question about grills for the speakers. There are none… which does pose a problem for traveling.

I’ll just leave this right here.

The Sound Cube is approximately the size of a human head just in case you were wondering…

http://www.tdkhifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DJJaunyto.jpg

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/19778000/ngbbs4a7fada0d3917.jpg

Warning:
Carrying the Sound Cube on your shoulder could cause permanent damage.

Just a quick write up edit, “…Simply put: They are idea portable stereos for the lifetime-supply-of-‘D’-…”
Ya’ll forgot the “L” at the end of ideal.

Even the manufacturer of this “Road Rocker” is too embarrassed to publish the specs of it on their product page. LOL. Looks to be more of a toy with poor build quality than anything else. Also has a lead acid battery that requires pretty strict attention to maintain battery life.

One of the few reviews I could find stated “I did find the sound distorted if you turned it up beyond the “halfway” mark when using the speaker.”

I just bought one. They look pretty cool, and it will fit perfectly in my new book shelf, and the tailgate of my truck. (TDK Sound Cube) Price seems reasonable, we shall see.

i am a TDK whore… i have all 3 models 3 speaker 2 speaker and a cube… i love em all… but the cube can throw out some serious bass for it’s size… i couldnt resist and bought another cube… you realize the cube cost $300 about 6 months ago… at some point there will be none left and the new models just dont have the quality of these models… i love these boomers… nothin but quality all the way…

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago over at Daily Steals. It’s one of the best deals ever. Great sound, very well built, and very loud. I did hear that if you leave batteries in it they will slowly drain over time. So I just stuck a small piece of cardboard between the last connection and it has not drained. Then I just remove it when I want to use batteries.

Will this work (charge and play)
with an iPhone5 using the lightening to USB cable and the TDK’s USB input?

… of course it’s size doesn’t matter – the Sound Cube has the same speakers and actually more power than the 2-Speaker.

The Sound Cube is definitely more bang in the trunk for the buck.

Anyone thinking about buying this should take a look at the “Block Rocker”.

Same functionality, more portable (wheels and a handle), and a rechargeable internal battery.

It also rocks blocks.

This thing kind of looks like the iPhone AC adapter. Or at least, a larger version of the aforementioned product.

Sound Cube:
I’ve heard it, and messed with it. It’s big, it’s loud, the sound is amazing. Good clean bass. Great portable for outside parties. Battery life varies greatly depending on the playing volume and bass content. But if there is AC power nearby, just plug it in and crank it!

I bought the TDK boombox version of this off of woot! a couple of months ago and couldn’t be happier! Great sound and it charges my iPhone even when it’s not on.

It “should” (Apple can be wierd that way) charge your i-phone 5 but you will have to play the music via the aux input of this and headphone jack of your i-5.

I’m in for Cube because I read reviews on here and Amazon where the cube has a more powerful sound than the two speaker boombox… Also I previously purchased a pair of Memorex headphones; who also makes the TDK Sound Cube. The headphones were only 10.00 but they have incredible sound. They have held up well and I figure the Cube should also hold up well and have incredible sound. Also I used to buy Memorex cassette tapes back in the day and they made great cassete tapes. Remember the commercial; “is it live or is it Memorex”? Same people!

Smart dude!

Funny that nowhere in any of the specs or description is it mentioned that this has two 5 1/4" passive radiators as well as the two 5 1/4" speakers. I find that to be a little odd. This is what gives the cube superior bass response for its size.
However, this is a link to the new model of the cube mentioning the passive radiators and improved drivers. It now supports Bluetooth streaming making it no longer a proprietary Apple music player.

http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-us/Home-Audio/Boomboxes/Wireless-Sound-Cube/

I just can’t see it with no alternative for power. 12 D’s is expensive as hell!! If it had a way to connect 12V it would be perfect as I could setup a solar panel on top and just bring along a 12V car battery which will charge as you run it from the panel - or a few minutes to a vehicle jumper cables.

edit: well I guess you could use a inverter.

I see what you did there… funny