TDK Wireless Charging Bluetooth Speaker

On a related question- I can not get my friends laptop (Bluetooth enabled) win 7 pro- to output to either a jambox or the big beatbox- it recognizes it but won’t pair- any idea’s? I need something for her to play all her music on her laptop to either of those devices or some Bluetooth speaker- called dr dre- they say they don’t support it- (Bluetooth is a standard, no?)

I want to know the wattage on the TDK wireless speaker

So, I just pulled the trigger on another one. It was a bit of a shock that taxes were collected this time. I guess the time simply has come. It’s still a great deal.

@yeahbuddy: I think it’s still a great deal without using the Qi charging feature. I haven’t used it, I may never use it but I think it looks great and sounds great. You’d have to be the judge for yourself of course.

Oh and you can either connect via Bluetooth or plug in directly using the aux input in the back.

This thing sounds great and I can be waaaay across my room and still hear and control it fine with my Samsung Note 3. I went to Best Buy and tried one of the official Samsung Charge back covers and unfortunately there was just enough thickness added that I could not slide it back into my Seido Surface case. Now my case is very low profile so I bet some of the silicone style ones would still work. Someone mentioned that you can use the qi inserts that fit inside your back cover. I would love to know if that would work WITH my case on. For me, personally, having to remove my case to wireless charge is more of a pain than just plugging in the charging cable. When I bought this a month ago I was happy when I received it. The unit itself feels very solid and weighty and has terrific sound.

19 volt battery- sounds like a proprietary rechargeable battery, available at what cost? and only from TDK? How long will the battery shipped with the unit last?

Well, it’s sold out now but this is at least the 2nd time they’ve sold these on Woot so maybe this information will prove useful if they get some more in stock.

I set up my new Note 3 (which is very nice, and only slightly larger than my original Note albeit noticeably heavier) with the official Samsung Qi back panel. It’s thicker than the stock one; I can’t imagine an aftermarket insertable Qi component would be able to fit within the stock panel. Anyways, the Note 3 fits perfectly across the depression at the top of the TDK cube, which is probably why it easily starts charging (since there’s no room to reposition it, really.) It also charges in any orientation. I’m not sure how to figure out the actual current output; it says 1 amp max in the device specs but I think I have to find some app or check in the phone settings to see if it’ll tell me the actual rate of charge.

The only downside is that the TDK has to be powered on to charge the phone, even though you might not want to simultaneously use it to play music (e.g. if I just wanted to let it charge overnight.) Aside from that, the unit also has to be on to charge a device via the rear USB port, again, even if you just want to charge without playing audio. The TDK does power itself off automatically after a few moments with no audio playing, but it doesn’t seem to be doing that if you’re simultaneously charging something else.

Kind of. The Qi feature is nice to have if you can utilize it, particularly since it’s a multifunction device rather than just a Qi pad taking up space by itself. The TDK otherwise sounds good and works with both Bluetooth & auxiliary stereo input, is quite compact, and looks nice. The built-in battery is a nice bonus but I have no use for it. As I’ve said before I like this line of TDK cubes/boomboxes but I think this one would be a better deal at maybe $60 (regardless of the original MSRP) as just a wired/wireless speaker system (i.e. if you weren’t going to use the battery or Qi) based on the going rate for their other, more powerful speakers (the cubes/2-speaker-boomboxes have gone for ~$100 recently.)

No offense, but this info is already available in the device specs on the product’s sale page and has also been posted above by another user (and then quoted by my first post above.)

As I described above, I think the Qi components necessarily add thickness to any back cover so a custom-fit, inflexible case will most likely not work as they are generally not built to the specs of the alternate Qi charging back cover. Fortunately I just got the phone and haven’t purchased a case yet (so the case will not be useless now) however I still have to actually find one that fits, particularly as I’m also adding a glass display protector that has substantial thickness.

Where did you read that it has a 19 volt battery? The specs don’t describe the battery at all (and I haven’t been able to find any details with my initial search.) 19 would be 5 x 3.8 volt Lithium Ion cells in series (or perhaps about 16 NiMH cells,) but what I think you’re seeing is the nominal output of the AC transformer, not the actual battery. Aside from that, I’d expect the internal battery to last a couple of years with regular use (500-1000 full cycles depending on the actual chemistry.) The actual battery is probably a simple repack of either commercially available cells (e.g. AA or C) or perhaps proprietary Li-Ion ones. Doesn’t look like it will be easy to find a replacement; if even available I think you’d have to contact TDK directly.

I’ve had no problems pairing in Win 7, Win 8 or Android. I can’t remember but I think it was fine with iOS as well (don’t use my Touch much). As long as you have Bluetooth and it’s reliable, you’ll have no problems.

You can hear it in the next apartment and one floor down. I’ve had to turn it down so as to not disturb the neighbors. The bass can be overwhelming. My biggest gripe is that it has great omniderectional sound but not great stereo sound. That’s because there’s no way to turn off the rear speakers. They in turn interfere with the front speakers, messing up the stereo separation and imaging.

I don’t have any Oi products and use it as a speaker exclusively. Yes, it’s a good price although you can sometimes find the non-Qi model (under anther brand) for about $59 on sale. Like so many other recording media companies, TDK doesn’t design or make audio products – they merely stamp their names on Chinese stuff.