TDK Wireless Sound Cube

I have an XTremeMac Tango TRX Bluetooth speaker in my living room, which is amazingly powerful and crisp for it’s compact size. It actually can put out quite a bit of power and is very adjustable, particularly with the Apple app.

This TDK Cube has caught my interest. Can anyone speak to whether it would make sense to get one of these given I’ve already got the XTreme Mac Tango? Would it provide additional sound quality/utility, etc? Thanks!

This is the one up for sale today. I have one of the non wireless units and the sound is impressive. In fact I sold their largest 3 speaker boombox once I received the cube as it sounded better with more bass.

I had the wired Audyssey speakers and they don’t even come remotely close to the TDK. The TDK blows them away…no contest.

The TDK Speakers are almost double the size…

MY GOODNESS that was painful to watch! He gives nerds a bad name!

I get that…but the XTremeMac has great power, despite it’s size. Are you also saying that the TDK Cube blows away the XTremeMac in sound/power as well?

You have more fortitude than I.

I gave up when it was almost 3 minutes in and the speaker was still in the box :o)

Does anybody know what is this thing’s Achilles Hell? You know, the thing that made it Woot-worthy? Not only Woot-worthy but its peak Woot price has been gradually cut almost in half.

Anyone?

does this take batteries or charge? or does it need to be plugged in

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNDDD… with this solution to portability… I am in.

Just finished reading all the comments. Went to buy one and … sold out.

How else are you going to power that thing for an extended period of time? Be real.

Cnet says it can run on batteries,though they didn’t show that.
And it never crosses my mind to think of “wireless"as “no power cord”.
If it said"cordless”,yes.

Thanks! that sounds like a great solution…do you set the battery pack to 16 or 19 volts output and how long have you been running this setup?

Sold out so fast…I guess it wasn’t meant to be…

A battery. I have multiple bluetooth speakers that are completely wireless. So, enter reality?

Very bummed I missed out on this at this price.

19 volts. About 5 months. The TDK 2-speaker boombox says it wants 18v input just the same as this TDK cube. When the battery pack was set to 16v it was enough to power on, but the sound was clipped at all but the lowest volume. Set to 19v the performance was fine, and the battery pack lasts long enough that I stopped keeping track.

I used a 3500mAh power pack. It works great! It’s still on it’s first charge, but I’ve only used it for about 3 hours so far.