Teacher Talks Funny

Ordered with pride.
Will wear to Knott’s Berry Farm as soon as it arrives.

Where was Woot and Apelad when I was in school. I’d have worn this to school.

I’ve played trombone for 20 years, and the teacher’s hands are in an odd position. The bell should be bigger and a bit farther from her head, the slide should be much longer, and the grip seems reversed, though it’s tough to tell because of the silhouette (the slide is used with the thumb and middle and index fingers on the slide bar, not the edge of the slide). And the omission of the MUTE is almost too much. Without the mute, you don’t get the “womp womp womp” sound, which is the whole point.

It’s a cool design and concept… but trombonists will have a hard time not nitpicking it.

Good week to get fourth place then, no? :slight_smile:

I showed this to my wife who is an elementary school teacher, and suggested that she buy some of these for her teacher friends.

She said, “That’d be great, if I was a band teacher.”

Sigh…

As a teacher AND a trombone player, I definitely need this shirt!

This was my favorite from the derby. I’m glad it won!

My husband and I agree with you. The MUTE is the “whole point”. It is a deal-breaker for the 2 band geeks here. We just can’t see past this being overlooked. :frowning: Rock on to those trombonists who can! :slight_smile:

Bummer. Otherwise, the design/shirt would have been an instabuy for him - a card carrying band geek and Peanuts fan. Sorry ApeLad. :frowning:

This is one of the cutest, most clever shirts I’ve seen in a long time on here. LOVE it!

LOVE IT! Bought shirts for us to wear the first day of Professional Development at school!! It’s the perfect shirt for our First Grade Level team!!! The last one we bought as a group was the “SOME BBQ” shirt. Watching people’s faces for that one was CLASSIC!

I can see it now. I order this shirt from Woot, and they send me a rock.

I’m allergic!!! ANAPHYLA… CHOKE SPUTTER.

Wah-wah-wah-wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh trombone sound.

Lad is the new Spens.

I always thought they used the plunger type mute. (not the fixed ones like others posted)
Like this

or this

With these, you can manipulate the tone by moving the mute closer or further from the bell and get the “wha-wha” effect.

You mean a plunger?

Because on a trombone, its generally just an (unused) plunger, which is what I believe they used for the tv show

Waaah wah waaah wah waaaaaaaaah.

(Translation: This is now my computer’s background. In for one as a shirt, too :] )

Condition: Rusty

Once a band geek always a band geek. Band geeks are for life…yo.

What makes this shirt even better is how its yellow with black through the middle haha, very nice addition.

I only recently was imparted the knowledge to understand what this means.

PS: EWWWW. >_<;