Teeter EP-860 Inversion Table

Buy a $5 braided rope, tie to legs, hang from 7’ high tree branch.

It’ll streeeeeetch you right out.

I’ve had chronic back pain for about 15 years and have done the chiropractic thing for most of that. My family got me one of these (same model) last Christmas and there’s hardly a day I don’t use it (many days twice). Simply put, its brought not only my back pain to be much more bearable but also helped my knees. Absolutely worth it.

other manufacurers do produce cheaper ones, including the one which turned over on me, breaking an HDTV, and it took me over 20 minutes to get out of the machin and mess made. The cheaper ones are not made with wide enough base and proper balance. I still swear by using inversion tables, which have cut down (in my opinion) on back problems in this 75 year old body.

I admit I don’t know all the specifics about this product but I did buy the Teeter’s Hang Ups SS-1001 spinal stretch back stretcher which you use while laying on the floor. Unfortunately, at the time I purchased this, read the reviews, watched the videos, etc. it never said anywhere that the product could not be used by anyone who had “hardware” in their back. After having had a spinal fusion done a few years ago, that meant me. This knowledge came to me after the purchase and watching the included DVD.
I would suggest to anyone who has had back surgery and looking for relief to try and find the specific candidate information that prohibits the use of the item. Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

I had the Teeter 950 model. I would recommend one of these if you can afford, they work pretty well at decompressing your spine. You can also use the handle bars to push off it to get a little deeper decompression if you’re comfortable with it. The Teeter models are alot nicer than the cheaper brands because they use more metal in design and it’s far more sturdy. If you’re a larger guy, I don’t know if you could trust a wobbly cheapo unit to support you while you’re hanging upside down. Go to a sports store and try it out for yourself.

If you can’t afford an inversion table you can goto a pull up bar and just hang from it, it will give you some compression benefits. You can also do the same using a parallel bars or dip station, just hold yourself up and you’ll feel your spine decompress.

learned a lot.