Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table

Does it come with a cork on a string for those that have acid reflex?

I see what you did there.

It works fine for me, here’s the link it took me to: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VSKAI8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=routerbrand-20#customerReviews

This is $199.99 at Dunhams Sports this week.

That must be a misprint. Woot is never undersold,except on days of the week ending in Y.

I have the Ironman which I got from Amazon.com. Woot had one for sale, but reading these comments I was made aware of the differences in the ankle support that the different tables have. I was steered to the Ironman table because of the concave ankle cuffs it has which hold you comfortably while you are using the table. The Ironman allows me to go “aw natural” bare feet when hanging, the cuffs adjust for thickness plus rotate to the angle of your legs, they are very secure.

Unfortunetely not long after getting it I started having blood pressure problems and the book warned to not use if you have high blood pressure. I read several studies on inversion tables and the REALLY make your blood pressure go up at your head and down at your feet the exact opposite of your normal readings.

It also warned not to use if you have spinal fusion with implants which I also had done shortly after getting the table and before putting it together.

It certainly is pretty sitting there all put together and no place to go though lol.

With diet and nutricuticals I have almost got my BP licked, hopefully my doc will give me the green light to hang as I have lower back pain and I am sure this will help if I am able to use it.

Pretty nice machine for the money. I ended up selling it because it just made me feel to dizzy. My back actually started feel better when I lost some weight and stopped slouching in my chair.

as a person 75 with lower back pain, I appreciate the joke, but when you get back pain, and you will, this item works.

Being a guy that’s closing in on the 300 lb max, and having 2 previous spinal surgeries (discectomies, one, in Cervical, with fusion, other Thoracic without fusion), I am leery of spending this kind of money on something that may work.

Does anyone know if there are places to try these out before you buy (obviously, I’d miss the Woot sale)

And/or anyone know if my fusion would prohibit me from trying this?

The best best thing to do would be to call your doc to see if they recommend something like this (or, alternatively, would know if you absolutely cannot use it), and perhaps they’d have a better suggestion for you!

I can’t comment on your case since I haven’t had a fusion due to my doctor saying I’m too young. I did just have my second back surgery in March.

Before my second surgery, I had tried a table which was set up in Sears and it just increased my pain a whole lot more. I’m hoping someone can answer whether or not these things can help post surgery. I’d like to get one now that surgeries are out of the way due to the pain I still have in my back and leg but I’d be afraid of aggravating the area which was worked on.

Thanks both of you!

My thoughts exactly, I would like to actually try one starting out slowly as the documentation recommends instead of hooking up to a possibly set up wrong store demo machine. The concept makes so much sense but does the reality match up.

Serious question: Are there any cat owners here with one of these things? How has that worked out? I’m afraid mine would try to climb me to get up to the top while I was hanging there upside-down.

Same here.

How true.

I often have to flush twice, does that make me a heavy squatter? :wink:

Considering this for my wife. She’s got frequent back pain from an injury and inversion was recommended in the past, but she never looked into it.

I believe it does.

I advise anyone with any medical condition to talk to their doctor before getting one and probably after starting with an inversion/teeter table.

When I first saw one on woot! I was lucky to have an appt with my pain doc and brought it up with her. She surprised me by asking what I thought of yoga. I said I used to do it but lately couldn’t do much.

Inversion/teeter tables are based on yoga and your breathing becomes so much clearer. There are a lot of YouTube vids showing so many routines - just teetering feels great.

I am not sure about the other tables but the “Teeter” table is nicely balanced to do a variety of exercises not just safely inversion.

After I got use to the various routines I spoke to my doc and went over the exercises I was doing but my doc warned me about some of the things I was doing which might make my condition worse - the twisting exercises for example were a no no for me!

Teeter always has these refurb tables on sale at their main site. I believe they offer free shipping and possibly free return if you do not like it BUT I cannot imagine taking it apart and re-boxing the thing to return it! or wait it out like I did as they always return to woot!

I don’t see anything stating refurb. Are these new, and can I please get warranty info.