Tell Us What You're Streamin'

Looks like we have a tie between The Queen’s Gambit and Truth Seekers. Tie goes to me, so I will watch… TRUTH SEEKERS! I’ll then move to The Queen’s Gambit after and then The Flight Attendant. I’m sure by then we’ll have 10 new shows to debate about, but tonight we start Truth Seekers!

4 Likes

Hey Stream Fam, tomorrow (If I remember), I’ll be giving my reviews on both, “Truth Seekers” and “The Queen’s Gambit.” These were the two top vote-getters in the “Tell me what to watch” poll I did recently. I finished Truth Seekers and I’ll be finishing up The Queen’s Gambit tonight. Looking forward to seeing how it ends! What are y’all watching???

3 Likes

Heartland on Netflix. I have been watching it for quite some time now.
Love horses, and the story gives me the warm fuzzies! :hugs:

3 Likes

Watched the first 2 episodes (of 4) of The Lady and The Dale on HBO. It is on HBOMax. The story of a con-man/woman in the 70s who wanted to take down the big three in Detroit with a fuel efficient car during the oil crisis. It did not end well.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m here for the reviews!

Truth Seekers (Amazon Prime Video, 1 season) - This show stars Nick Frost (from Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) as a very poor quality ghost hunter content creator by night, and a wireless technology installer by day. Along with his crew Elton and Astrid, they investigate paranormal things happening around the city they live in. It can be slow at times, but if you’re into british humor, you might like this show. It leans more on the comedy than being an actual horror show, but there are some unnerving moments.
My Rating: 3.5 BOCs out of 5 (A good not great show.)

The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix, 1 season, limited series) - This show lives up to the hype for sure! Despite the name, this is not a british royalty show. It’s all about CHESS, with “The Queen’s Gambit” being one of the popular plays in chess (yes there are certain types of moves and strategies in chess that have names ). You follow Beth Harmon as she literally goes through the highs of the highs and the “highs” of the lows in the 1960’s. You don’t need to be a chess fan to enjoy this show. It’s just extremely well made and that’s all I can say.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 BOC’s (Must watch).

Have y’all seen Truth Seekers or The Queen’s Gambit?

What’s Next for Me?: “The Flight Attendant” (HBO Max); "Wandavision ep. 5 (Disney+); “Captain America Winter Soldier” (Disney+)

3 Likes

Now go watch Searching for Bobby Fisher. One of my favorite movies.

2 Likes

aw, I loved Truth Seekers

1 Like

I thought it was good, I just didn’t love it. It probably didn’t help that I watched The Queen’s Gambit almost immediately after finishing Truth Seekers.

1 Like

Watched the first episode of The Investigation on HBO.
It’s not in english, so…subtitles.

2 Likes

Which reminded me we had not finished Chernobyl. 4 episodes to go.

2 Likes

I got lost in a haze of documentaries after both the HBO and Starz shows on the NXIVM cult. started one on the family.

also we rented this on Prime and I really enjoyed it. snarky and ridiculous

and I’m waiting not very patiently for the next season of Kim’s Convenience

3 Likes

I watched the first episode of The Flight Attendant (HBO Max) and I was… um… yeah, we’ll just leave it at that. Def recommend after even only seeing one episode. Full review likely next week.

2 Likes

The book was interesting.

Happy Monday Streamers! Hope you had a good SB weekend. Congrats to Tom Brady, star of such films/TV as Entourage, Family Guy and The Simpsons. I guess he’s also pretty good at football. Anyway, on to my review of “The Flight Attendant” (HBO Max) - Wow, this was a roller coaster of emotions! It started off with a big bang, then continued to be a great ride that had me wanting more. Kaley Cuoco plays Cassie who is a Flight Attendant (wow, no way) and also has some issues. She encounters some issues along the way and those issues don’t help her current issues and let’s just say, there’s a lot of issues she has to overcome. I really enjoyed this show and can’t wait for season 2. My rating: 5 out of 5 BOC’s.

Watch anything good over the weekend?

3 Likes

I finally watched “The Queen’s Gambit” and I ended up completing it in 2 days. I thoroughly enjoyed.

I am not sure what I will get into next.

I don’t remember if I posted this but I watch “Lupin” and really enjoyed it as well. The audio threw it off for me but only for the first 2 episodes. I can’t wait for more to come.

1 Like

I loved “The Queen’s Gambit!”

“Lupin” is definitely in my queue. Question, did you watch it in french or with an english dub? We’ve had this debate here before, but I much prefer to watch non-english shows in the original language. The mouth not matching the audio bugs me and I feel like I can see and hear the emotion of the scene better. But I’m excited to watch!

2 Likes

I watched it in english. Truth be told, it’s just how it showed up and I just didn’t change it. Still got hooked on it.

2 Likes

We needed something light and silly. We have been watching “Raising Hope”. Fit the bill perfectly!

4 Likes

Almost done with Season 1 of Cobra Kai.

1 Like

4 episodes into Pennyworth

1 Like