Tell Us What You're Streamin'

Streamers are day-dream believers too!

Happy St Patrick’s Day Y’all! :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

Here’s what I’ve been watching!

1. Arrow - (Netflix) - This is green so no pinching for me! I’ve recently gotten back in to watching Arrow and the Flash (Netflix). I’ve been on a big superhero kick if you haven’t been able to tell from my previous posts and the Green Arrow and the Flash fall in the DC Universe, however, this is most known as The Arrowverse and is separate from the movies. It’s a typical superhero TV show where they fight bad guys each episode.
    My Rating: 4 out of 5 BOC’s.

2. Justice League (the Snyder cut) - (HBO Max) - Finally! The Justice League in the way the original director wanted can grace our screens this week (starting tomorrow). Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and… some others… will be teaming up to take down a big bad in a FOUR HOUR epic of a superhero team up film. Zach Snyder, who had to leave the original filming due to a death in the family, was given $75 mil by Warner Bros to do re-shoots and edit the movie to his liking. Reviews have already started pouring in and they’re mostly positive. One thing I will warn you is that the movie was filmed differently than what we’re used to now-a-days. When watching on a TV screen, it won’t be in typical wide screen format where there are two horizontal black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. The film was made to be watched in iMax and on our TV’s it will have black vertical bars on the right and left side of our screen. It’s like watching an old TV show on our newer TV’s from 15+ years or before. Other than that difference, I’m so excited as the original Justice League from 2017 was not very good.

Other shows I’m watching or want to watch:
Naked and Afraid (Discovery Channel)
American Idol (ABC)
The Last Pirate Kingdom (Netflix)

What are y’all watching???

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see The Snyder cut.

2 Likes

got so many streaming stuff now, so trying to take advantage.

last night we watched the first episode of The Gloaming on Starz. definitely interesting.

today I started “watching” Calls on Apple Tv. gimmicky, but I kinda like it.

2 Likes

Happy Friday Stream team!

The SnyderCut of the Justice League was great! It’s 4 hours long and you probably need to see some of the other DC movies to know what’s going on, but I thought it lived up to the hype and was much better than the previous Justice League film in 2017. But today is about Disney Plus!

1. Mighty Ducks Game Changers (Disney Plus) (New episode every Friday) - This reboot of everyone’s favorite youth hockey team movies comes to life in show form debuting today on Disney+! Emilio Estevez returns as Gordon Bombay and is joined by co star Lauren Graham of Gilmore Girls fame along with a new young Ducks hockey team. I don’t really know much about the plot, but if you were a fan of the original trilogy, I’m sure this will be fun to watch.

2. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney Plus) (6-episode limited series, new episode every Friday) - This show brings back the Marvel-esque of high action all across the world. This takes place 6 months after the events of Avengers Endgame and is about the relationship between Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, and Bucky Barnes, aka The Winter Soldier and how they’re navigating the new world (Big spoiler if you have not seen Endgame)without their best friend Captain America at the helm. The first episode debuted last week and it was a decent setup episode for the rest of the limited series. So far so good!

Hope y’all have a great weekend and let me know what you’re streamin!

2 Likes

I “binged” the DC movies this past weekend. Watched Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman Ultimate Cut on Saturday then watched the Snyder Cut on Sunday. Prior to this I had only seen Wonder Woman so from what I understand I’ve been given the ideal versions of these movies to watch. I thought they were good, maybe even great but I still like the Marvel Movies better. The Snyder Cut was nice because the “episodes” allowed more character development. I want more but a 4 hour movie was a lot.

Caught the first episode of Winter Soldier as well. Looks good so far.

Few weeks ago we watched Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+ Premier, but that’s not how we watched it…). Great movie, visually stimulating, good story. Would recommend. 3.5/5 BOCS.

Haven’t been watching too much TV recently. Been streaming myself, actually. Started a Twitch stream of me putting together vinyl stickers and 3D printing things. Just starting out and need to get my setup squared away. The TinyPC I bought on here isn’t handling everything very well. Might be time to upgrade…

5 Likes

I enjoyed this. Although, I had to send a complaint to Netflix because the volume was all over the place. Music super loud but talking was barely audible.

I haven’t watched much of anything recently, I may catch up a bit this weekend. See what y’all are watching.

2 Likes

Hey friends! Been a couple weeks, but here’s what I’ve watched!

1. Godzilla vs Kong (Theaters and HBO Max) - This was SO MUCH FUN! This was the fourth movie in Warner Bro’s “Monsterverse” and if you like giant monsters attacking each other and destroying buildings and stuff, then this is the movie for you! Really good CGI and a fast paced, but not necessarily deep, story makes for a fun ride from start to finish. You don’t need to have watched any of the three previous movies to enjoy this or know what’s going on. It’s a monster movie and although the human element part of it is the story from the previous films carry on (loosely), the main part is the monsters and I thought it was fantastic.
    My Rating: 5 out of 5 BOC’s :t_rex: vs :gorilla:

Other than that, I’ve been continuing my regularly watched shows like Walking Dead (AMC), Aarow and The Flash (Netflix) and American Idol (ABC). My Saturday Night Movie Night movie this past week was “Black Panther.” Such a great film!

What have y’all watched recently???

3 Likes

We started watching Money Heist (Netflix, dubbed English so that could be a problem for some), and also Raising Hope (older but worth it), and ‘Debris’ which is new.

3 Likes

Debris creator J.H.Wyman was also involved in Fringe and Almost Human.

1 Like

Loved Raising Hope.

2 Likes

watching Hinterland- why are there so many murders in this small Welsh town?

also watching The Gloaming.

one of these days we’ll get back to The Madalorian

2 Likes

Been watching “Formula 1 : Drive to Survive”. Lots of drama, some cool insight into the teams and how they adapted over the last year.

1 Like

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I actually watch F1 races now on Sundays when they’re on. It’s pretty great.

2 Likes

I actually hadn’t watched much F1 but after 2 seasons, I definitely want to see what’s going on now.

1 Like

TV Series: Doom Patrol
Service: HBO Max

Why you should watch:
I know we’re all burned out on the super hero comic book genre but hear me out. This is hands down the best foray into the DC comic book universe and has been criminally overlooked. First off, it has a tremendous cast. Brenden Fraser, Timothy Dalton, Matt Bomer, and one of my personal all time favorites Alan Tudyk. Seriously, the show is worth it for his performance alone. The show is funny, dramatic, action packed, and oddly enough really delves into the psyche with some fresh perspective into many social dilemmas. I would not be surprised if there were a team of psychologists involved in writing this show. Did I mention it’s funny too? Think deadpool type humor, breaking the 4th wall. I couldn’t recommend this show enough and it has been a welcome change to the monotony of scrolling through streeming services for two hours before giving up and rewatching Seinfeld or Modern Family or Futurama for the 100th time.

I will conclude with this caveat as not to mislead expectations. The show is vulgar, violent, lascivious, and down right strange at times. If you find long strings of curse words offensive, you will be offended. If you get uncomfortable during the mating rituals on a discovery channel documentary, then you will feel uncomfortable. If animals exploding into a ridiculously overproduced mist of blood and guts makes you squeamish, then you will be squeamish. Now make up your mind and go watch Doom Patrol, or don’t, it really makes no difference to me.

4 Likes

I’m very excited to watch Doom Patrol. I’m currently powering through Arrow and The Flash and then I want to watch Titans and Doom Patrol on HBO Max. I haven’t gotten into other DC shows like SuperGirl or Legends of Tomorrow. I’m a big fan of both DC and Marvel so I like all of the shows/movies.

1 Like

I need to watch that. I was reading it back in the day when it was on DC’s Vertigo imprint.

3 Likes

We did too, silly but funny. The last seasons weren’t as funny as the first but it was still enjoyable. I loved watching Cloris Leachman acting as old as she was and I LOVE Garret Dillahunt. He is one of those actors who can play just about any type of role, no typecasting him.

2 Likes

Are you watching him on Fear the Walking Dead?

1 Like

He’s my favorite character on Fear The Walking Dead (Which the season premier happened this past Sunday and yes, I’m caught up). He’s also going to be in the zombie movie, “Army of the Dead” coming out on Netflix in May. I’m very much looking forward to that movie.

2 Likes