Tell Us What You're Streamin'

Happy Monday y’all,

Another week, another new show and new movie for me to watch! Both of which hail from HBO Max!

1. Titans (Series, HBO Max) - This show revolves around a group of younger and less “mainstream” superheros from the DC comic universe who band together to fight the big bad. Basically the trope of every superhero show/movie, but what sets this one apart is how much more Rated R it is in terms of violence. Unlike the Avengers and shows in the Arrowverse, being originally on its own streaming platform and then picked up by HBO Max, Titans really shows all the blood in brutal death scenes. You will recognize one character, Robin, from Batman and Robin and the others are ones only the true DC Comics fans will know. It’s a very good superhero show that is darker than most. 5 out of 5 BOCs.

2. Dune (movie, theaters and HBO Max) - Ahh yes, the remake of the 1980’s Dune that I have never seen. And from what I’ve read or heard about, it was star-studded but wasn’t that great. Fast forward to 2021 where Dune has a bunch of famous actors (Timothee Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac, Dave Batista, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa etc.) and the movie is…good, but not great. It’s a very serious Sci-Fi flick where in the very distant future, we have a group of people taking over the coveted spice trade. The emperor of the galaxy decides to go bad (where have we heard this before), and there’s a Tremors-esque threat in the sand dunes. There’s a lot of world building so I imagine there will be more than one Dune films. It’s a solid film. It’s more Game of Thrones than Star Wars, but without the humor and other stuff of GoT. I give it a very light 4 out of 5 BOCs, with the potential of 5 out of 5 when we see the full scope of the series.

Have y’all seen Titans or Dune?? What have y’all been watching?

4 Likes

I saw Dune in IMAX and really enjoyed it.

5 Likes

I really miss that show

My daughter recommends Murder in the Building on Hulu. I haven’t seen it. We are kind of blowing through Shameless. Not sure why we had not seen that show but we hadn’t.

2 Likes

Glad someone else has seen it - it is great and perfect for a quick laugh if I only have time to watch 1 of the 4 stories - so, so many of the stories are so true from growing up

2 Likes

that’s a great show!

started watching Midnight Mass. very interesting so far…

2 Likes

It takes a couple episodes to get going, but then it gets crazy. I really liked it.

4 Likes

yes! by the end it was bananas! I liked it

5 Likes

Hey Streamers,

I don’t know what to watch yet, which means, you will pick my show! I’ll provide some options down below and you choose the show I should watch next, it’s as easy as that. Polls close at 5 p.m. CT on Wednesday. I’ll probably end up watching all of these shows, but don’t know where to start!

What show should I watch next?
  • Heels (Starz)
  • Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)
  • Foundation (Apple TV+)
  • Arcane: League of Legends (Netflix)

0 voters

1 Like

Has anyone watched Hanna on Prime?

What stream is that on?

I’m into the 2nd Season of The Great & it’s been fun, shocking (in a good way!) and artistic license has been taken. I really like Elle Fanning as Catherine.

1 Like

We started Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series with the kids. They’re enjoying, I’m loving it.

1 Like